If my property rental enquiries were being handled like this

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Windy

Post by Windy »

Chris - we had exactly this problem earlier this year. We seemed to have a double whammy of missig enquiries and then replies to hotmail type addresses being lost.

I did contemplate buying a database driven enquiry form so that I could check there, rather than relying on email, but the problem appeared to go away of its own accord. (Which in itself is a little scary)

Like Mouse I ended up putting a note on the enquiry form asking people to call if they hadn't had a response in 24 hours.

And like Tansy I had a nightmare getting responses from many owners this year when we were looking (in France in our case). Peculiar isn't it?
cambalala

Post by cambalala »

I've also had a few replies to enquirers go missing.
So what I do now when responding positively is send them an sms/text message using skype (5p worldwide) telling them I have space and to chech their email for further details.

I'm not sure if this is being pushy or not - but it doesnt seem to put people off. Infact it seems to have sped up guest response/booking turnaround time. (or that could just be my imagination) ;-)
www.cambalala.com - 3D Virtual Tour
Website On: Wordpress.
Booking Software: PIMS) - Yay!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I'm not sure if this is being pushy or not - but it doesnt seem to put people off. Infact it seems to have sped up guest response/booking turnaround time. (or that could just be my imagination)
Sounds a good idea to me :wink:
Windy

Post by Windy »

and to me - I might try that.

I don't see how it can be "pushy" - after all you've been asked a question and you are providing a prompt answer!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

See thats whats so great about this Forum.
Theres always something new to think about :wink:

Thanks Camby :D
chrismooney

Post by chrismooney »

as we have 'enquiries' as well as 2 other inboxes we also get our friends/family to e-mail to different inboxes the same e-mail, then you should know if there is a problem with a particular inbox
chef who will try anything!!