Ski Club of Great Britain

For topics that are specific to mountain locations, please go here.
Beanie

Ski Club of Great Britain

Post by Beanie »

Hello My Alpine Chums

We should all be starting to gear ourselves up again for the start of the season (or at least the collecting of some of the advance funds soon !)

I'm just thinking about whether to cancel our family membership to the SCoGB which is costing £85 p/year and I don't really see any benefit from it any longer.

Just wondered if anyone else, who's a member, could tell me whether I might be missing out.

Before we had our own place and our own equipment we used to benefit from their discounts on ski hire and also their ski guides in various resorts. Our resort doesn't have one of their guides so we don't use that service any longer.

Their snow reports and historical data are quite interesting, but I guess that info can be found elsewhere these days.

So before I press the button and cancel, I'd be interested in any thoughts on whether to leave or whether to stay.

TTFN
Beanie
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I cancelled mine ages ago, and can't say that I've missed it.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Junior gift sub. for your dog is the solution, and you don't have to fib anywhere on the application.

MG
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

:lol:
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

I looked at their site when we first started letting and they didn't even list Germany as a skiing country! I checked yesterday and they now list Garmisch. I have emailed them to ask them about listing this area, no reply so far. They seem to charge 250 pounds for a listing, which is pretty steep. Do they actually produce any bookings?