Looking for 3/4 month let in south France?

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
CostaBlanca

Looking for 3/4 month let in south France?

Post by CostaBlanca »

Hi,

A friend told me today that she is contemplating a move to France and considering a short term rental maybe from December or January to check it out before any major move. She will be traveling with her very lovely dog so she needs a dog friendly house with garden, heating and min. of 2 bedrooms in the hope that she can persuade a friend to visit during the winter :D . As she needs to walk the dog twice a day, a good hiking area nearby would be useful. Provence would be her first choice but other areas would be considered also.

It would be great if someone here had a suitable property to rent but if not, any suitable websites that she could try?

Merci,

Maria
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

Hi

I think Paolo will be OK with this :

Languedoc is on the Med, but on the other side of the river Rhone to Provence. It is also a bit cheaper !

There has been an increase in activity in both wanted and offered off peak long term (say up to 6 months) lets recently in this area.

You can check them out here : www.the-languedoc-page.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=6 and add a posting if you wish.

Bonne chance

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com
CostaBlanca

Post by CostaBlanca »

Hello Peter,

Yes, I am sure that Languedoc would be a great area for her. I will refer her to your website.

Many thanks,

Maria
julesb

Is Midi-pyrenees far enough south ?

Post by julesb »

Probably you are sorted now - but we do winter lets and are in a great area for walking.

Julie
I came to France to stop the panic, now I still panic but at a much slower pace.