Easter skiing 2009

For topics that are specific to mountain locations, please go here.
Martha

Easter skiing 2009

Post by Martha »

It's late this year! We normally wouldn't expect to rent much after mid-April. We don't mind, it's a great time to go and means we can enjoy it ourselves.

Someone wants to book Wed-Wed over the bank holiday weekend and I can't decide what to do. We did book most of Easter last year but it was all a bit last minute and I reduced one of the weeks a lot. On the other hand our marketing is much better this year.

What do you think - it's pretty late for skiing holidays and I wonder if we'll book the second easter week anyway....

Help, I'm dithering! :)
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Martha, I am dithering too with a similar enquiry. I think I will probably accept it, as I tend to be flexible outside of Feb and Xmas hols. I usually charge a slightly higher price for these to compensate a little bit for the potential inconvenience. If the rest of that week remains empty we will probably visit ourselves.
Martha

Post by Martha »

Helen, thanks, I'm glad it's not just me that finds it a dilemma! I know it's only October, but still..

They want to use the sofa bed as well, so I have added a small supplement for this and sent it off. We'll see if anything comes of it. We are normally flexible outside those times too, and I think with Easter being so late, it's going to be unlikely to be busy for us....interesting to see what others have found..
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix