Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Montreal.Any ALLO's?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gastines

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Montreal.Any ALLO's? Reply with quote

Now this is a long shot BUT.... In 1930 my wife's grandfather emigrated to Montreal followed in 1931 by his wife and son. We know what happened to the son, my wife's father,he returned to UK and the rest we know about. However,the grandfather managed to do a disappearing act and wherever and however we have researched we have come to a dead end. There were apparently quite a few ALLO's from Brittany who went to The Grand Banks fishing to make a living and most returned to Brittany or sometimes the UK.Jersey.Now the big question,are there any ALLO's in Canada. You might think that is a bit far fetched for a question but we only know of two families.both related,in the UK. Any input,information will be greatfully received and you never know might result in a visit either way.
Regards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lay My Hat Forum Index -> Rest of World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: