Checking ID

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I hadn't thought about the 2 letter heading before Good to know
Dont worry Marie, its only something that was realised recently. All of us who have posted a lot on here :oops: didnt know until a few months back either............
Just a little Gremlin.
A warm welcome to LMH BTW Its always nice to see new posters!!
Hope youll find the Forum useful theyre a friendly bunch!! :)

Take Carexxxxxxxxx
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Hi Marie and welcome from me too.

We don't live on site so our address for correspondence is not the same as the address of the property. Our system is that they can access our contract/terms and conditions on line, and they access the booking form on line and print it off, completed and signed to say that they have read and accept the terms and conditions.

They can then either send it by snail mail, or can scan it and email it to us. We're soon to have a form which they can fill in on line to save them that. On the form they have to give their home address. This is sent to us at the same time as the holding deposit, which, once it is safely in our account, is when their booking is officially confirmed and their dates marked as booked on our calendar.

That process is sufficient ID to satisfy us, although being a nosy sort of person, I do google people just for fun!

As for our ID, our full contact details are given on the booking form. Some of them may well google us too for all I know! They'll find me if they use the right search terms: not very interesting reading but at least confirms my existence I guess!

Really canny guests could also put our domain name into "WhoIs" and they would find the same name and address listed there as is to be seen on our booking form.

The guests don't receive the full address of the property and instructions on where to find it until the balance for their holiday is paid, ie 8 weeks before it is due.

Since the name of the property and its nearest village are given on our website, they could track it down with relative ease however with all the tools the internet provides!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Austria

Proof of person?

Post by Austria »

By mistake communication, our visitors sent their passport numbers with their names. The passport numbers could be made up? I have no way of checking the passport numbers? however it does give me greater confidence that they are genuine.

Just a thought
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

It can be that scammers give that kind of unnecessary information....... Have they paid?
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Ow Margaret we are a cynical lot :oops: thats just what I was thinking................. :roll: