calendars for Easter/half terms etc

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
tansy

calendars for Easter/half terms etc

Post by tansy »

For working out rates etc for 2006 onwards what calendars do you use for dates for Easter/ half terms / school summer holidays etc.

Does anyone know when Easter is 2006 - is it April 14th?
it's all a learning curve!
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Easter Sunday 2006 fall on April 16. Will find out the half term dates and let you know (they differ slightly in some parts of the UK).
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Uk half-terms fall between Sat 11th-Sat 25th February, depending on the LEA. Although Easter is 16th April, some schools are on holiday from 1st April, others from 8th.
tansy

Post by tansy »

Ah ha....as my neice was saying - schools are changing the standard holidays..quite interesting what a 14 year old can tell you!

But do you have calendars you work from or do you all have children so can work out what dates are what?

Will you be making 3 weeks at Easter as prime time ? Or the 2 weeks - one before & one after...Saturday normal changeover day being Easter Saturday?

This is where this forum comes into it's own...we all are saying the same re peak times etc..
it's all a learning curve!
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Our peak time for Easter 2006 is 8-22 April (Sat-Sat).
irishgreen
Location: nr Beziers, France (owner living in Dublin, Ireland)

uk holiday / term dates

Post by irishgreen »

Hi all, the info collected below on following site should give you an approx. idea of what term dates are in the uk. This is likely to vary according to each LEA where your potential guests may be coming from... so it is only a guide but I use this to set my rates as most my guests are from the UK (I have not developped my payment facilties yet to look at American guests...). Hope this will be useful to some of you.

http://www.parentscentre.gov.uk/schooll ... dholidays/

Term dates and holidays
The school calendar
The Department for Education and Skills does not collect information about term dates for individual schools because the local education authority (LEA) decides these dates. The following is meant as a rough guide only. For exact dates, you will need to contact the LEA or school concerned.

Spring Term 2005:
4,5, 6 January to 18, 23, 24 March
Half Term
14 18 February

Summer Term 2005:
4, 11, April to 15, 21, 22 July
Half Term
30 May -3 June

Autumn Term 2005:
5 September to 20 December
Half Term
24 October to 2 November

Spring Term 2006:
4 January to 31 March
Half Term
13 to 17 February

Summer Term 2006:
18 April to 21 July
Half Term
30 May to 2 June
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Hi,thanks for that , before I began in this business I thought school terms would be really important but in fact for next year I haven't taken them into account at all as I have found them to be largely irrelevant except for July August.

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

My kids hols differ significantly from those.
Half term oct Fri 21-Mon 31st
Christmas 22 dec-9th Jan
Half term Feb 18-27th
Easter April 7-24th