scam

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
roxytoo

scam

Post by roxytoo »

had an email in and was pretty sure it was a scam, thing that threw me slightly was that they were offering to pay the correct amount of money, albeit by cheque

anyway here is a program i found, it is a free trial,

http://www.emailtrackerpro.com/

I put the details in and was amazed what you can find! Anyway turns out the email came from Nigeria so am sure now it is a scam!
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

Verrrry interesting!!

I had a strange email yesterday from someone calling themselves "Laura Roberts - laura@ golfism.net", wanting my phone number so "a client could make a booking". The number appears on my web site, but I sent it anyway.

eMailTracker suggests that "laura@ golfism.net" is a fake email address. Has anyone else had any contact from "Laura"?

[email address edited to avoid harvesting]
Chalky

paolo

Post by paolo »

Here is a free one, although it doesn't work for all IPs I have noticed:

http://www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm?GetLocation
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

I had a strange email yesterday from someone calling themselves "Laura Roberts - laura@ golfism.net", wanting my phone number so "a client could make a booking". The number appears on my web site, but I sent it anyway.
I just had a call from Laura's client, so it would appear that her email was genuine and that eMailTracker had given me a bit of a "bum steer" :o
Chalky

Garri

Post by Garri »

I would remove her email address from a public forum if I were you.
paolo

Post by paolo »

When I get an enquiry I often look at the website in the email address - that's the bit after the @ sign. This will indicate whether the person is bona fide. In this case, golfism.net is the website of a sports management company, so yes, you were given a bum steer.
Paolo
Lay My Hat