Ski lifts open this weekend - anyone else ?

For topics that are specific to mountain locations, please go here.
Annette Slovenia

Post by Annette Slovenia »

No, Martha. They do not offer lower prices in December. This is the price through whole ski season. Slovenians are very enthusiastic skiers and go skiing already at the start of the season. And Slovenian ski resorts are mostly 1 hour driving with a car for most of Slovenian skiers.
When you want to be in the real center,
come to our apartment in center of Ljubljana!
www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/ljubljana-city/56248
Kersh

Post by Kersh »

Bad Gastein has been opening and closing parts of the resort like crazy over the last week. For example, last weekend, Dorfgastein was open, while Bad Hofgastein, Bad Gastein and Sport Gastein were shut. Weds: Sportgastein was open, all the others were shut. Today: Bad Hofgastein is open and all the others are shut (apart from the main lift in Dorfgastein). Bonkers! :D

It's all due to open tomorrow .... so what am I doing in the UK??? :roll:

Kersh
Martha

Post by Martha »

I must go some day - Lots of people in Chamonix have spoken very highly of Slovenia, it looks lovely.

Another huge dump here today with more to come over the weekend! The sauna is arriving next week - looks like we'll be digging out the foundations to assemble it!
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Kersh

Post by Kersh »

Martha, I've thought about buying a sauna recently. Out of interest, what have you bought? Is it a small one for a few people? Where will you keep it and how much did it cost?

Thanks
Kersh
Martha

Post by Martha »

It was a bit of an extravagance really but we just loved it :oops:

http://www.saunakits.com/barrel-sauna.html

It's wood-fired, and will go at the end of the garden - can take up to six people....I think it will look really magic, too - quite hobbity!
Kersh

Post by Kersh »

Blimey, that's looks fantastic!! Not quite what I had in mind for my place. That would take up at least half of my garden. :D

Looks like they do smaller ones though. Did you buy yours from the US?

Cheers
Martha

Post by Martha »

Yes - well, from Canada. Steve is the main guy there and has been very helpful. It's arrived in Le Havre and is clearing customs today or Monday - should be with us next week!!
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

We have a sauna, installed in one of the cellar rooms with a shower and loo. It takes 3-4 people at a time. I wouldn't say the usage has justified the investment (the cabin itself cost 2,000 Euros, I'm not sure what the rest of the work on the room cost as it was part of a bigger project). It's good PR mainly.
Martha

Post by Martha »

Maybe any watching mods could move this part of the discussion to a new thread?? :)

I tend to agree about return on investment. I think ours...will look brilliant, but I think most people prefer the hot tub, it's a bit more sociable. We'll use it though!
Kersh

Post by Kersh »

Martha wrote:Maybe any watching mods could move this part of the discussion to a new thread?? :)
Good idea ... can we move it?

Cheers