New Website

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
victoriac

New Website

Post by victoriac »

Hi there, I'm new to this site, but have just found it very helpful with my meta descriptions, which I am just getting me head around.
I have just done a new website which has taken ages and have been staring at it for so long that I don't think I can spot my mistakes anymore!

Any criticisms will be gratefully received as we are just coming up to our second season (our first was ok, but we would like a few more bookings this year!) with our ski chalet in Bansko and we are trying to make sure everything is just right.

We do need some more photos on there, but we are redoing inside the chalet at the moment - buying new furniture and paintings so I'll get them on there eventually!

The site is: http://www.christopherchalets.co.uk

Thanks in advance!

Victoria
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Great looking place, Victoria, and welcome to LMH.

First comment would be that I'm having to scroll left/right on the screen (I'm using 1024x768 display) and on several pages I can't see how to scroll down to read the text (Home and Chalet for example). So a bit of tweaking required?

MG
Martha

Post by Martha »

Lovely! More photos of the chalet would be good, and the ability to see them larger. That's the only thing I can think of though, well done, and welcome!

edit - and perhaps some sample menus?
Last edited by Martha on Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
victoriac

Post by victoriac »

Thanks for that MG - now I just have to figure out how to fix it!
DrRichard

Post by DrRichard »

It's a nice looking site and I'd like to stay in your place! Here are a couple of ideas for you:

You have some text on a couple of pages that won't scroll down - so I can't see the rest of your wonderful content...

On the links page, why not provide some personal info on each of the links. Why are you recommending them?

Finally, keep working on more content and building links to your site. This will help to get it seen by search engines
Adam Apple

Post by Adam Apple »

Mountain Goat wrote:Great looking place, Victoria, and welcome to LMH.

First comment would be that I'm having to scroll left/right on the screen (I'm using 1024x768 display) and on several pages I can't see how to scroll down to read the text (Home and Chalet for example). So a bit of tweaking required?

MG
I agree, it's a very nice looking website with plenty of great content, but because I have a big gap on the left hand side I am forced to scroll to the right to see the rest of the page.
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

Solsearch wrote: because I have a big gap on the left hand side I am forced to scroll to the right to see the rest of the page.
Hi Victoria,

Welcome to LMH. Your place looks lovely and I like the design of the website.

I too found the need to scroll a little offputting, especially as it's only about a centimetre off. Can you re-centre the page to stop that happening?

I think you might also want to add a couple more blank lines under your bottom text line which has your phone number and e-mail link. Because it's right on the edge of the screen, and in a pale colour, I didn't at first see that line.

A typo: aprés is spelt with an accent grave, not aigu - après.

Best of luck with it!
GF
Lounging on the lily pad...