scam with British email?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
alexia s.

scam with British email?

Post by alexia s. »

This is original - what reads like a scam but purports to come from btinternet - "Hello, how was your day? i will like to confirm if the apartment is still available for the period of 26th of Sept. to 24th of October, and how much will it cost?. kindly get back asap if the apartment is still available. thanks,"
It was titled "honeymoon today" and I received a "no account with btinternet" when I replied.
Anybody else had this?
Best,
Alexia.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Alexia,

Yes, I get "enquiries" like that but I don't normally reply. For me, the way they are worded is a total give-away that they are scams. I have never recieved a genuine enquiry which started "Hello, how was your day?" and normal people don't refer to a house or a cottage as an appartment - scammers do!

I don't know how it is done but I understand it is possible to spoof an e-mail address so I am not surprised you got a "bounced" message from btinternet in reply. It just goes to confirm the original was a scam.

I wonder, why do these time-wasters bother with their little games?

Alan