Charging for changes

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Karen Viney

French Connections is not a franchise operation

Post by Karen Viney »

Just to let you know (and any one else that may be interested) as I have seen some other postings on this forum that seem to believe the same) that French Connections is definetely not a franchise operation. It is a privately run company and the owners have never considered franchising the operation.

French Connections was formed in 1996 by two individuals, who identified a previously unexploited niche in the marketing of French rental and sale properties through the Internet. At that time, marketing through the internet really was almost an unheard of medium, particularly amonst French property owners, and the site was really breaking new ground.

[post edited by moderator in line with forum rules]

Now, in December 2004, we (French Connections) are just about to relaunch the site and we are confident that our new site offers all the facilities that clients require from a site such as ours as we have been researching with clients and holiday makers to find out exactly what they want!

[post edited by moderator in line with forum rules]

Karen Viney
Marketing Manager- French Connections
www.frenchconnections.co.uk
paolo

Post by paolo »

Welcome to the forum, Karen!

Thanks for clarifying that.

If anyone is wondering why this post is allowed when messages from other listing sites have been deleted, it's because this post addresses questions that have been raised in the forum about this particular site. Not least from me!

I have slightly edited Karen's original message. We don't want this forum to be inundated with self-promotional posts. Karen's company is a reputable one, but there are many that are not, so I need to establish the same rules for everyone. It's not easy to know where exaclty to draw the line, as I am discovering. :)
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Karen Viney

Post by Karen Viney »

Alan Knighting wrote:Maggie & Paolo,
My contact names are Susan and Duncan. They are local to me, not from “head office� I suspect that FC is run on the lines of a franchise – could that be true?Alan

"Just so contributors to the forum know, 'Susan and Duncan' run Vacances France. Mr Knighting was (or is) a customer of Vacances France and not French Connections.

In the past, French Connections website have been acting host for English pages on behalf of Vacances France clients but, as from Autumn 2004, the two Companies are acting totally independently from each other. French Connections are a privately run company and the owners have never considered franchising the operation."

Karen Viney
French Connections
Marketing Manager
Maggiem

Post by Maggiem »

"Just so contributors to the forum know, 'Susan and Duncan' run Vacances France. Mr Knighting was (or is) a customer of Vacances France and not French Connections.

In the past, French Connections website have been acting host for English pages on behalf of Vacances France clients but, as from Autumn 2004, the two Companies are acting totally independently from each other. French Connections are a privately run company and the owners have never considered franchising the operation."

So who is the Gwen who ignores e-mails, and will she now work to clearly defined quality standards? As you have no doubt gathered the poor response rate to owner's queries is particularly annoying, and was the reason for my decision not to renew with FC.
Maggie