Pool maintenance frequency

For anything to do with the garden and pool
ianthy

Pool maintenance frequency

Post by ianthy »

Hi

We are new to pool ownership - so hope some experienced pool owners can help.

How often should we carry out the full maintenance clean - clean the filter and add chemicals? The skimmers are on a timer so need to do anything there. The filter has a sock which needs to be washed when you do the maintenance.

We have robot that can do the cleaning plus the usual net for daily bits and pieces, but wondered should we use the robot once a week. With the full maintenance of chemicals etc once a month.

Thank you.
Richard D

Post by Richard D »

I think it really depends on the usage level of your pool. Ours is used pretty intensively and also is tiled (extra brushing work than a lined pool) but I brush every day, check the chlorine level + vacuum three times/week (or if anything looks even remotly suspicious). I check the skimmers every day and backwash + clean the pump prefilter every week.
fincafern

Post by fincafern »

...same as Richard, except in July and Aug. The sun is fiercly hot here then so OH checks the chlorine and ph daily.
It's OK if not in full use but ours is always fully booked then with the two houses, so needs careful monitoring at that time of year in our climate.