Not existance on Google Maps

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
torontocomfort

Not existance on Google Maps

Post by torontocomfort »

I got a call from a couple from Miami asking me if my rental business is a scam since my address doesn't show up on Google or any other map service.

This has being a problem for me from the beginning, since my building was just completed in November 2007, as well as the Fort York Blvd extension to my building.

I got another call today from MIT graduate student asking me how far is it from downtown since she can also not find it on any a maps.

Is there any way software where I can create a map and add/remove streets?

Here is what people see on Google Satellite Map, a big chunk of un-developed land from years ago:'

Google Maps Link (shortened by admin)
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I have had the same problem, as we are built on land that had derelict farm buildings. The street was there though, so I put the pin in approximatley the right place. We don't have a close up view though.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Perhaps you could take a photo of the intersection you've shown on the map, with your building in the background?

The way I see it, you could market this as a positive, e.g., "our condo is completely modern, brand new -- so much so that it doesn't even show up on Google Maps yet!" or something.
Brooke
torontocomfort

Post by torontocomfort »

My godness, thanks so much... what great idea!
susanj

Post by susanj »

We have a cabin built in 1928 and it doesn't show up on google.

Sue