really silly question

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
pete

really silly question

Post by pete »

Hi all, please can you advise, we have had an equiry from the US and they have asked ' whats the ship time for this? ' do they really mean the travel time ? and some tips on other US questions would be really nice

pete
davey2187

Post by davey2187 »

ship time in US means time to get there, from what you say it sounds as if they are expecting something to be sent
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

possible spam/scam?
A-two

Post by A-two »

Unless people arrive by boat to Sancerre, an appropriate response might be, "We do not ship our vacation rental home to guests as a matter of routine, they normally come to us. However, we would be happy to inquire about the time it might take if you would let us know your preferred shipping method. Would that be First Class Mail, Priority, Global Express or UPS Ground?"

Sounds like it could have come from the same person who sent me this today, "Please send the website address for listing number #1234 to emcjunkmail@........ "

:roll: :wink:
pete

Post by pete »

yes, does now seem to be spam, didnt think at the time, I have had a few US enquiries this week but all the others do seem genuine, with my newbie hat on I must remember 'scam ???' each time in future,

thanks all
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

A2 wrote: an appropriate response might be, "We do not ship our vacation rental home to guests as a matter of routine, they normally come to us. However, we would be happy to inquire about the time it might take if you would let us know your preferred shipping method. Would that be First Class Mail, Priority, Global Express or UPS Ground?"
:lol: Good one A2!!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
susanj

Post by susanj »

I'm in the U.S. and I might ask, " What is the shipping time?" only if I were expecting a letter or package in the mail.

Sue
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

A-two wrote:"We do not ship our vacation rental home to guests as a matter of routine, they normally come to us. However, we would be happy to inquire about the time it might take if you would let us know your preferred shipping method. Would that be First Class Mail, Priority, Global Express or UPS Ground?"
ROFL :lol: :lol: :lol: