Thinking about re-vamping my site -your comments appreciated

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
accommodation-in-spain

Thinking about re-vamping my site -your comments appreciated

Post by accommodation-in-spain »

Hi

I have had these sites for some years now and am thinking about re-vamping them. Any ideas/constructive comments would be appreciated.

www.villa-espanol.com
www.accommodation-in-spain.com

They are currently made using Frontpage but I am considering using Dreamweaver - is this an easy software to use or would I need to train in it first?

Thanks a lot in advance

Zoe
www.Costa-Luz-Holiday.com - your on-line holiday brochure for the Costa de la Luz
Renata

Post by Renata »

You may want to look into Search Engine Optimization techniques.

If it is not broken, do not fix it, it appears that you have adequate information for travelers.

I prefer FP...I use FP03.

I took classes in Dreamweaver/Fireworks and FP/Photoshop, you can't beat FP for ease of use. You can download a 30 day free trail from macromedia to try DW out.....

Renata
Renata Gozdziak
Chicago Illinois---Daytona Beach Florida
accommodation-in-spain

Thanks Renata for your feedback, I will look into that free software demo, sounds good. I just thought that Dreamweaver may look a bit more professional but FP is very easy to use.

I have looked into to search engine optimization and the site is doing well on yahoo and msn but any tips or sites that you have on the subject would be appreciated as you can never learn too much!

If anyone else has time to have a look at it it would be really appreciated.

Cheers
Zoe
www.Costa-Luz-Holiday.com - your on-line holiday brochure for the Costa de la Luz
albert

Re: Thinking about re-vamping my site -your comments appreci

Post by albert »

Hi Zoe

I like the colours that you are using so go with them as a start.
Dreamweaver is a yes design your site with, as I use it for ease
as well as getting a site up quickly :)

Play with it offline as much as pos to get use to it.

your sites:
links do not show up in mozilla firefox only explore.
Ceo looks good in the site make sure you also have
your h1 h2 h3 h4 tages in the pages as well, dot around the page some bold tages too.

charset=windows-1252
try to have charset=UTF-8 or charset=iso-8859-1 if poss

visit http://www.w3.org to validate your web pages
http://www.villa-espanol.com/
links fine with ff :)

regards
Albert
accommodation-in-spain wrote:Hi

I have had these sites for some years now and am thinking about re-vamping them. Any ideas/constructive comments would be appreciated.

www.villa-espanol.com

They are currently made using Frontpage but I am considering using Dreamweaver - is this an easy software to use or would I need to train in it first?

Thanks a lot in advance

Zoe
idafay

Villa-Espanol.com

Post by idafay »

I like the overall layout of the site and the sun watermark/logo makes it stand out from the crowd a little (at least from the sites I browse through daily.)
Two things I noticed: the hyperlinks don't change colors after a hit, so I had trouble remembering which pages I had already viewed. On the accommodation pg: although clicking on the pic of the room w/twin beds opens a new window with a larger picture, clicking on the any of the small pictures leads to a small picture on large white background. Hope this helps.

Fay
www.RentThisLakeHouse.com
accommodation-in-spain

Wonderful, keep the feedback coming, this is just what I was looking for. Thanks for the constructive comments. I also cannot see the accommodation-in-spain links on my internet explorer although it looks find in the area I build it in which is strange. It used to work ok until I had my pc mended and some new software added so it may be a higher version of frontpage causing problems.

I will look into all the comments and let you all know when I have re-launched the sites.

Any other comments are appreciated - the more the merrier :lol:

I also have another site www.costa-luz-holiday.com which I would appreciate comments on. This was built for me but any comments on layout etc would be great.

Cheers