Comments Please!

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
apexblue

Comments Please!

Post by apexblue »

i know I've a problem with 3 cottages and only 1 availability but I've gone with the thought that few check.

Cheers

sorry dot inserted!
Last edited by apexblue on Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pete

Post by pete »

Apexblue,

i dont think your link is correct,

pete
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
CSE

Post by CSE »

Had a look and here are my thoughts...

Photo In album titled “Tardys Twin Bedroom with Views of Conwy Golf Club” is out of focus. The same with “Tardys Sitting Room with wi-fi, freeview tv, DVD, CD, radio and doors to enclosed patio area.”
The photo of the Golf cottages pots and pans is not something I would recommend.
Photos in the albums are mixed and jump from one property to another. Maybe consider breaking up the albums for each property and add another for tourist information.
Pricing page: Availability Calendar- at the end of the sentence the “click here” does not work. I also feel your seasons are complicated and should perhaps be better explained with the use of a calendar or actual dates. i.e. when is Halloween? The length of the Christmas period or even high and low seasons…etc

Local information could be “beefed up” to include more of what to see and do.
From the map your house is located in the sea!
No website which is detailed on your pages has links which open. Except on the first page that goes direct to homelidays front page. BTW; Why is it there?
I feel that your words regarding Spammers on your contact page is quite unnecessary.
Coding: I do not know if iowners allow you to add meta tags, but there are none. Plus alt-text for photos is missing. The icons which add you to various book marking websites take you away from your site. maybe consider changing this so that your page is still open(?)

Overall I feel the general presentation is good and all works well. I use Firefox, on a windows system. Nice work
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
enid

Post by enid »

Just had a quick look but I'm sorry it was so hard to read I didn't get very far :cry:
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Sorry APB, but I HATE that post office advert at the bottom of the screen :(

The font is very small, I would not be able to read it at all if I was having an MS relapse

I like the currency converter - but wouldn't it make more sense to have it on the prices page, not the availability?

Like the Favicon - (note to self: I must do one of those!)

The slideshow doesn't work on my computer - sometimes it gets stuck on just one photo and doesn't move on.

Sorry if this all sounds a bit negative - all the above things can easily be fixed and I'm sure it will be very successful.
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

Hi AB

I imagine you have made a deliberate decision not to use the IO pricing table which then translates onto the availability calendar showing the seasons in colour code with prices as well as availability - means you have it all in one place. I wonder if people will be put off by not knowing when your seasons begin and end, as everyone's are a bit different?

PP
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
Windy

Post by Windy »

Hi AB

Like Pete's site this stretches the text right across my widescreen which is a bit hard to read.