Anyone else received this email today??

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Maisy

Anyone else received this email today??

Post by Maisy »

This morning I received an enquiry for 4 weeks in July....from someone acting as an Agent with a yahoo address. I only have two weeks left in July, so I sent a reply saying as much. I have now received this reply, they included my full name with their greeting....I have deleted that bit! They did not give a name at the end. Not sure if it is a scam, but something not right about it....has anyone else recevied this enquiry??? In a way I am pleased, I was feeling left out from this section :(

Good Day
, Am very glad to have your mail,well regarding all that you said concering the aprt my client that needed the aprt said that she willike to start the rent from july 9 2005 and as well she is willing to rents the aprt for 4 Weeks rents so i dont know if youwill lether rents the aprt from thet july 9 2005 until ,well iwill be willingto have your mail over all that and as well she said thatshe will like to have the full amount that the rents from july 9 2005 will cost so that she wll be able to send the payment of therents i hope that you do understand what am trying tosay you can as well send the pics of the aprt and as well if you dont have thepics you can just give me some info about the aprt so that she will be able to know and have some ideal about what she will be paying for okay.And the number of people that will be staying in the aprt is 1 mother and son .he said that she will like to make uses of bike i mean fitenes bike in the aprt i hope that it will be allowed in the aprt as well.

Thanks Alot
musicmonkey

Post by musicmonkey »

Maisy, I would agree. There is something not quite right about it.

1. Do they want the 2 wks you have said is available or are they still wanting 4 wks? That is not clear.
2. Is your accommodation an appartment? If not, I would say this is almost certainly a scam.
3. The language is not grammatically strong. Another reason to suspect foul play.

Not very scientific I know, but maybe helps a little?

Musicmonkey
rich_sipe

Post by rich_sipe »

Looks scammy to me :)
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Agreed -- it seems wrong. I would reiterate that you only have two weeks left and if they a) still don't get it, or b) offer the customary scam overpaying check, stop responding.

But, if you decided that you've already spent too much time on this person, I wouldn't blame you!
Brooke
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

No, not had this one but it sounds gibberish!!! As scammy as anything!!!! :wink:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

I'd nick her bike if she starts anything... :lol:

oryoucouldreplyandnotuseanyspacespunctuationwhatsoeverandsay"wellyoustartedit"

Oh, I am awaiting riches pouring in as I have now won THREE multi million $$$$ lotteries lately.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Myself, I have been offered a job where I can work from home for 2 seconds per day and make $20,000 per week. I sent off my check for the starter kit and I can't wait to start getting rich!

:lol:
Brooke
Maisy

Post by Maisy »

And there was me thinking that I could get 4 weeks rent for a two week let...I need to set my sites higher!

Loved your reply Soodyer!
paolo

Post by paolo »

100% scam after the first line and a half. I didn't get to the end of the first sentence because it never seemed to come.

I would like to know how many individuals are writing these things in downtown Lagos, because the writing style is so similar in many of them. It could be as few as two or three people.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Re: Loved your reply Soodyer!
Ah - Thanks - it's all of that lovely lottery cash coming my way making me fairly jovial :lol:

Brooke, are you addressing envelopes for your bucks?? Bet that old scam is still going like they haven't been able to get computers to churn out labels/addresses for the last 10-15 years+ but put my name down in case the lottery thing doesn't work out.
Maisy

Post by Maisy »

Well done everyone - you were all correct - you all win 1,000,000 euros,....send me your bank details so I can arrange payment.... :roll:
I received this reply......

Good Day Mr/Mrs (my full name)

How is you work/business?In regard to your last mail I wish to inform you that my client Mrs .Houstine is very much fascinated about the vacant accommodation at your end ,she is atcritical need of a conducive pale like the one in Question, My client Mrs,Houstine is bless with a twins of 10 year old ,she ues a bmw 5 series car and uses all necessaryhome appliances from my client mail discussion with her ,all the appropriate charges for any extra packing space to be consumed will becharge to her rent as she is expecting two new bicycle for her twins sonwhich has been bicycle or and expected to be delivery to her newaprtment .she made the booking with a bicycle store in Lagos her last holiday Visit with Her soons . this bicycle is the latest model of its type and the son will die to have it, Since she h! as an arrangement with me to get her a new aprtment, She feel the best is to have the bicycle shippped to a new address which s he will send to the stor as soon as she ge t the banace of the bicycle ,Due to the Unbudget purchase of these bicycle she was only albe to make a deposit for the ,and My client will be Used Computer Latop in the House so the Cost of the Computer Latop that my client have booked Because My Client have Paid 1000,00Euro to the Seller And promise to send the banale is 4,500,00Euro for total cost has been agreed to 1,200 Euro.for 2 Weeks rently,My client will be sending to you a payment of 5,700,00Euro for the rentage and will like you to help her forward the rest which is the banale payemtn for the booked bicycle to the store and the address of the shipment. Kindly let me have the Name on the payment Address CityZip code State Country Cell Numblr And Home Numble Moble Numble The banale should be send to John_bikeseller@fastermail.com! A Mrs Houstine will arrvies tn the Aprtment House on the july 9 /2005 , by 10:00pm and will waiting at the int airport In Your Area for pick Up her to the aprt Best for you

Thanks Alot.
paolo

Post by paolo »

Ah yes, this is the bicycle scam, we have had this one before.

I know what he means though, I often feel in "critical need of a conducive pale". You could borrow that for your marketing:

"Conducive Pale in Calvados"
Paolo
Lay My Hat
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Paolo, I'm so glad you started this category. It's good for so many laughs!
Brooke
justinusher

gibberish email enquiry

Post by justinusher »

I have only just searched the web for john bikeseller@fasternet.com after receiving the third email from this janet ken- the search led me to your request for information on this site.
As I said this person has emailed a few times now, with conflicting and confused requests- Can't understand how they're planning to make money, but it certainly seems to be wasting my time.
I guess I will just ignore this one!
Justin
simon_portugal

John_bikeseller@fastermail.com

Post by simon_portugal »

Hi just thought I should share this info with the world.....
we had the same emails word for word with the odd change in dates, this time they asked to stay for 4 months in our place in portugal.
The enquirey starts from the address lisa_williamsfamilys@yahoo.co.uk
and is very suspect from the 1st email, but due to the (fake) poor english you have your doubts, but continue with the normal course of emails, the last one is clasic! bikes for 10 year old kids worth a total of £5000 :lol:
I would love to know how the they make any cash?
a real black hole of time & emails!!!

Simon