Best price for 3 weeks in June

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
The Olive Grove

Best price for 3 weeks in June

Post by The Olive Grove »

Have just had a French enquiry for 3 weeks in June. Would you offer any discount for a 3 week booking then?

Also, how much detail do you initially give if they ask no questions other than date availability and price?

I've got to get handling the initial enquiries right, as we are now starting to get more enquiries, but still no bookings.
Last edited by The Olive Grove on Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I haven't in the past Olive as they've fallen in the high season...but to be honest in June I probably would as here it's usually a difficult month to sell.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
The Olive Grove

Post by The Olive Grove »

That is my thinking too. July and August last year sold no problem, could have sold twice over. We have little experience of earlier months as last year we deliberately held off because of the pool construction.
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

I agree, don't offer a discount, if they ask for it then you can decide what to do then. No, I would answer just the questions they asked and tell them what a lovely time of year it is for a visit.
Chianti

Tecno twit, but I can tie my shoes !
pambon

Post by pambon »

I have noticed in this 'job' of ours that when certain punters, especially those oozing enthusiasm, enquire for rates this is often followed by a deafening silence.

Is it because they are unable to work out for themselves, even approximately, what to expect and therefore go into shock.. :?:

(When I enquired about my UK summer rental early this year, I had already worked out the rate and was pleased to receive the reply with a 10% discount on it :!: )

I find it very curious.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Olive Grove, I had exactly that situation - 3 weeks in June and the client (from the UK) asked nicely if a discount were possible. Despite the fact that we do still get two-week bookings in June, enquiries for that month are slower to come in and I wait nervously for them because you never can tell!

I gave them 5% off, which is what I offer returning guests.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

June is definitely a tough month - flights already quite expensive and guests without children able to travel outside of school hols need encouragement. We price lower in June and early July than later on, but higher than our mid-season price, and allow ourselves lots of (realistic) discretion in discounting. A three week booking is really worth having at that time and if you don't do a weekly clean you could offer at least what that would cost, x 2, and possibly a bit more besides, to get it booked.
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
pambon

Post by pambon »

June is a popular month here, perhaps because it's not as hot and less crowded as July and August. The flowers are still brilliant too and everything generally looks very pretty until towards the end of the month when it really hots up.
Not many Italians are to be seen due to school-leaving exams.

June is considered by some as the shoulder season but by many as high season. It's not a month that I would consider discounting as for the last 2 years I've always been fully booked; so far only 2 weeks are taken.

I think now I may begin playing it by ear.
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Pambon

I've found exactly the same for June, it's a lovely month here.
Chianti

Tecno twit, but I can tie my shoes !
LaVilleauTady

Post by LaVilleauTady »

I offer a 5% discount on 3 weeks or more.

This feels right because I am saving money on change overs.
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

Is June usually a good month for you? I would think that if you usually rent well, then you don't need to discount.

But if you're concerned about losing a valuable booking, it might be worth giving a small discount, but only if they ask for it. As LaVilleauTady points out, you do save on changeovers.
Lounging on the lily pad...
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

I didn't Greeny - I should have done the maths first - the discount was the same as the cost of the changeover! :roll:
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be