Out-of-the-ordinary Scam

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
alexia s.

Out-of-the-ordinary Scam

Post by alexia s. »

This is quite a dangerous scam: a lot of people would not find it
absurd that "Honda" would require its manager to operate from her/his own bank account. The English isn't bad, either.
I received it this morning:
"........." -
Whoops! I see that it is imposible to copy it! Tried to forward it - not possible either. So, I can't give you the text. It purports to be from Honda, asks for applicants for managerial post, part-time, who wil receive payments into her/his account & then - surprise, surprise - will forward the money to "Honda" by Western Union.
Anybody else had this one?
Best,
Alexia.
tansy

Post by tansy »

we've applied... they have sent it to us twice so far... looks like a really easy job - 2 hours a day and your earnings are astronomical plus we are under 80... who wouldn't want a job like that? :roll:

The end part of the message is naughty - - your email has been forwarded by monster.co.uk (which is similar to a huge recruitment website) at our request, because you or somebody else has subscribed for the delivery of the job offers in the Internet. [/quote]
it's all a learning curve!
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Alexia,

Yes! Well, sort of. I treated it as a scam e-mail which purported to come from Honda, but the address may well have been a spoof address. That's not hard to do as the sending of email (SMTP) is not authenticated, unlike the receiving of email (POP). The SMTP protocol does not include authentication and an ISP using SMTP will not require a username/password to send email through its servers.

The website was honda-worldwide.net which appears to be the website for a company called Honda Handel and based in Germany.

Is this what it was about?

Jobs.
THESE DAYS THE HONDA-WORLDWIDE AG IS EXPERIMENTALLY IMPLEMENTING A PROGRAMME OF RECRUITMENT FOR THE POSITION OF THE FINANCIAL MANAGER.
Our decision to introduce this position is called forth by the fact that recently we have had a large number of orders from different countries such as the USA, the UK, Australia, New Zealand and the others.
Actually, dealing with our clients from above-listed countries sometimes becomes a real challenge for us, since we have to suffer a lot of inconvenience related to the functioning of bank systems, cargo carriages and customs clearance in different countries. Anyway we are always interested to provide our clients with the fastest high-quality services, regardless their place of living. Therefore we use our financial managers' bank accounts in order to accomplish the payments from our clients for the ordered equipment on them. This system is practiced when dealing with relatively small amounts of payments (not more than 5000-7000 Euros).
After getting a deposit on his bank account, the financial manager is supposed to withdraw the cash and transfer it further via Western Union or Money Gram services to one of our regional trade missions or to one of our partners' regional branches (Germany, Sweden, Finland, Russia, Czech Republic or Austria). The destination of the western Union/Money Gram transfer depends on the presence of the ordered item in any of our regional warehouses. So in general, practicing the described above scheme allows us to shorten the terms of the payments, so we are able to transport the ordered goods as soon as you confirm that the deposit is on your bank account.
The requirements for a financial manager are:
• Being energetic, responsible, honest and industrious
• Being under 80 years old
• Having a few (1,5 - 2) spare hours a day
• Having a bank account (or open a new one)
• Having a landline or a mobile phone
• Having an E-mail
How to start?
After you have filled in and sent us an application form available on our web-site, our human-recourses department will examine your personal data. Once everything is alright and our personnel officers are sure that you are suitable for the offered vacancy, our calling manager will get in touch with you and make you aware about all the details of the first forthcoming transaction on your bank account. After several transactions, as soon as we feel convinced in your commitment and dedication, you will be supposed to send us the copy of your photo ID via fax means. This is essential for executing the working contract for a suitable for you period of time. The contract will be executed in duplicate and we will send you your copy of the contract via post services. Having received it, you put your signature on it and send us the copy of the contract via fax or e-mail. After the contract has been executed you may be required for some additional documents in order to complete all the tax formalities prescribed in your country.
Your earnings.
As we consider ourselves being a progressive company keeping to the state of the art trends, the salary of our staff id not fixed by definite amount of money. As far as we are concerned the employee should have an opportunity to earn as much as he wishes to, and surely not less than a minimum fixed sum.
The minimum rate of interest for a financial manager is 5% out of the whole amount of each deposit on his bank account. Moreover there is an opportunity to earn even more -once you dealt with the transaction quickly (in 1,5 - 2 hours time) your commission would reach 7% out of the whole amount. Apart from that, there is sometimes the necessity in 2 transactions per day and in case you are able to deal with them - your rate of interest is 6% from each transfer. All the fees for the services of Western Union/Money Gram transfers are covered by Honda-Worldwide AG ( you just deduct them from the deposit that you get on your bank account).

Alan
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Yes, that's it, Alan - the mail was differently worded (fewer mistakes!), but it's the same scam. I would expect a lot more people to fall for this than for the old Nigerian scam.
Best,
Alexia.
A-two

Anybody have any spare stethoscopes to sell?

Post by A-two »

I'm honored to have been asked to supply medical equipment this week, but on second thoughts, I think the new financial manager who fills the post above would be better qualified. Feel free to forward. The return email address is willy wall [willywallstores1@gmail.com]

OMRON BP MONITORS HEM 712C (40 UNITES)

LITTMAN CLASSIC 2 S E STETHOSCOPES (40 UNITES)

ONE TOUCH BASIC GLUCOSE MONITORS BY LIFESCAN (20 UNITES)

I WILL LIKE YOU TO ADVISE WITH THE TOTAL COST FOR THE ORDER REQUESTED FOR ABOVE AND INCLUDING THE SHIPPING CHARGES VIA UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE EMS SPEEDPOST 3 TO 5 DAYS EXPRESS MAIL WITH AN ED TRACKING FORMAT TO THE SHIPPING ADDRESS BELOW.

RECIEVERS NAME :OLABODE GATES MEDICAL FACILITY

ADDRESS:40 BAMGBOSE STREET LAGOS ISLAND

LAGOS NIGERIA

PLEASE DO ADVISE WITH THE TOTAL COSTS AND AVAILAILBILTY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AND HAVE THEM ORDERED SO I CAN FORWARD MY CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT FOR YOU TO BILL FOR THE CHARGES.

THANKS

BEST REGARDS

PLEASE I WILL LIKE YOU TO ALSO GET BACK TO ME PERSONALLY IF YOU OPERATE A BANK OF AMERICA AND WELLSFAGO BANK ACCOUNT.
Waves from America