Responding to enquiries question

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
susanj

Post by susanj »

For those of you who do it all by email--the reason I haven't is because I thought people would need a scanner to fill out and email back to me (is this not correct?) and I figure not everyone has one. I don't! Tried 4 or 5 years ago and it took forever and so gave up.
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

We do not require a signature - we include a clause in the combined documnt which states that 'payment of the deposit or the full amount by whatever means confirms the agreement of the client to these terms'. The combined booking form/T&Cs are returned to us by email, filled in with all their personal info including passport or ID number, and we think all that is as good as getting an original signature.
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

We don't bother with signatures either, or passport/ID number. Guests have to submit our booking form from the website and pay. The discussion about sending out stuff to look at and dream of the holiday has got me thinking though........
tansy

Post by tansy »

It's the booking form I make the big fuss about - that as far as I am concerned is the contractual document - from then on it's building a relationship.

I don't insist on actual signatures... but everyone surely has is pasted in their scrapbook? I do insist on full address and all about the party, how many, sleeping arrangements etc. this makes them think and start imagining where folk will sleep.
it's all a learning curve!
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Pepsipuss
I never thought of asking for the passport number. Do they ever refuse this info and does anyone else also ask for it. I think it's a good idea.
Chianti

Tecno twit, but I can tie my shoes !
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

We ask for DNI (identity no) for Spanish guests because they expect us to and would probably wonder about our own legitimacy if we did not. For other non-uk guests we ask for 'Identity or passport' as we think it is a good security question.
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

We ask for DNI (identity no)
Sorry Pepsi when I first spotted that I thought it said DNA :shock:

Now THAT would be a bit extreme :D
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

Big Sis:
Sorry Pepsi when I first spotted that I thought it said DNA
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Pepsipuss

I'm going to try asking for it, as it's needed for the document which we have to provide for the local police. Thanks for the idea
Chianti

Tecno twit, but I can tie my shoes !
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Weirdest one Ive had
:roll:
I am wondering where these houses are in regards to a certain track. Can you give me some information about where it is so I can calculate travel times to the running track.

Best wishes,

Albert