Pool Safety

For anything to do with the garden and pool
santamaria

Pool Safety

Post by santamaria »

Hi I'm new to the forum and to renting. Our pool opens 1st April and any tips on pool safety would be welcomed.

Is it a good idea to get guests to sign a disclaimer? Would the welcome pack contain pool safety rules? We of course have liability insurance.
Thx
Stay Happy and Keep Smiling
Blue Shutters

Post by Blue Shutters »

I am relatively new oo, and also have to get our pool ready for renting. Number 1 is making the pool a safe as possible for young children especiall, you must follow any national regs (not sure what they are in Spain) UT in France we would not be hapy with just an alarm, we wll make sure it is fenced.

When we have rented houses with pools in the past there has always been somethng to sign about the pool, dos and don'ts, we will definitely do that so a guest cannot claim they didn't "know".

Also making sure chemical levels are checked sufficiently with a good cleaning regime too.

...and don't allow any glass in the pool area!!

The very last thing any of us want is to actually need our liability insuance.

I'm sure those with far more knowledge and experience than I will be along soon.

But definitely make sure you find out about local laws.
Yes I know the shutters are not blue!
Blog
Twit Tweets
Holiday Ray

Post by Holiday Ray »

Hi Santamaria and a hearty welcome to the forum.

I've PM'd you a copy of the pool disclaimer form that we send to our guests at the same time as the booking form.

It will give you some kind of idea as to what you might wish to incorporate in your own form

Hope it helps :)
Ray
The Olive Grove

Post by The Olive Grove »

Holiday Ray wrote:Hi Santamaria and a hearty welcome to the forum.

I've PM'd you a copy of the pool disclaimer form that we send to our guests at the same time as the booking form.

It will give you some kind of idea as to what you might wish to incorporate in your own form

Hope it helps :)
Hi Holiday Ray

Could I be cheeky enough to ask for a copy of your pool disclaimer too? Do you ask them to sign it, or just confirm they have read it?
enid

Post by enid »

Me too please - pretty please!
Blue Shutters

Post by Blue Shutters »

Not wanting to be a sheep, but keen to ses your pool disclaimer...thanks
Blog
Twit Tweets
Holiday Ray

pool disclaimer

Post by Holiday Ray »

"You've all been PM'D"

I've not had a solicitor peruse the form at all, so if a tragedy did occur (god forbid) I don't know how we would stand legally.

The objective of the form really, is to make sure that guests know what their responsibilities are with regards to setting the alarm and to really encourage them to be vigilant and thereby hopefully keeping everyone safe.

Play around with the form , take bits out that you don't like and add bits as you see fit.

I hope it helps ! :wink:
Ray
Blue Shutters

Post by Blue Shutters »

Great help Ray, as you say the "playing about" to fit individual circumstances (depending on type of pool safety in place, and geography of house/garden arrangement) is easier with a starting point.

LMH is a great resource, thank you!
Blog
Twit Tweets
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

One for me too please Ray? :)
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

This will be the first year we have rented to families with young children.

Our pool is directly outside of the villa and impossible to fence off. I've decided to buy an alarm and offer it to guests. It's the kind where one part stays in the pool and the child wears a belt or wrist band. If the child falls in the pool the alarm will sound. Obviously it won't stop a child falling in, but at least people will be alerted if it happens.

I'm hoping it will offer some extra peace of mind to guests (We do stress it mustn't take the place of supervision) and may help to secure some bookings.