Web Site almost finished at last - any comments appreciated!

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
saramar

Domain names

Post by saramar »

For maximum effect all your content should be placed on one domain only: thehideaway.eu
Otherwise you introduce other usability, accessibility, and search-engine issues.

Hello Henry,
Thanks for your help - yes we were wondering what to do about the domain name. The site was (is) originally hideawayhill.webeden.co.uk and then we bought www.thehideaway.eu a year later and linked the two.

Now google will find hideawayhill.webeden.co.uk, but when we put our website address anywhere (as in friends pages to link to/ advertising etc) we always use thehideaway.eu (as it seems neater) so does this mean it is not helping us to climb the 'google rankings'.

It was confusing us and I was thinking about changing all our listings etc back to hideawayhill.webeden.co.uk so if you could advise us of what is best to do, we would really appreciate it.

Many thanks
Sarah
saramar

Post by saramar »

You do have a very beautiful website - the good news is that you can empower it further
P.S. Henry - how can I do this?????

Thanks
HenryG

Post by HenryG »

Hi Sarah,

About the domain situation:

It is a very tricky one. I would personally opt for the one domain only, the shorter version but please bear in mind that is just one opinion - and I could be wrong - as I haven't studied fully your domain scenario: how people link to you, it's history and so on.

Frames are generally considered as no good - that is the consensus out there. So with that lead, I would seek advice from various other sources on how to go about fixing it. That should contribute to "empowering it further"

Hope that helps.
saramar

Post by saramar »

Thanks everyone for your comments - have now adjusted the text - can you please have a look to see if this is clearer!

Any more comments greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sarah and Mark
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Hello Sarah and Mark

The front page is super to read but the pages Our Services and About Us are still off puttingly small. Do remember that the age group of many of your guests will be the over 50's and that many will have spent some time on the internet either at home or work and their eyes may be tired.

I do hope that's helpful.
saramar

Post by saramar »

Hello Everyone,

Have just had a bit of an update with the website if you would like to have a look - does it seem clearer/ less cluttered now?

Still unsure which website address to use. We are now on page 1 with Google if you search for self-catering amandola (using hideawayhill.webeden.co.uk) but this is too long and I am afraid that if I change it to thehideaway.eu, I will loose the 1st page listing?

Any advice very welcome!