Christmas Day on a Sunday

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Tansy,

It is a local saying but I'll stand corrected even when in Geordieland on a cold night hoping my appendages don't fall off.

The thought is enough to bring tears to your eyes.

Alan
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Alan, I think it's a local saying just about everywhere! Be careful where you stand in the cold!! :wink:
enid

Post by enid »

I did put this tip somewhere else but I want to repeat here mainly for the benefit of Sue and poor Dave who I have a mental picture of lying on top of the duvet! We so liked the idea of single duvets on a double bed when we were in Copenhagen in the Spring that we adopted the idea here - it's great. Still that lovely in bed together cuddly feeling - but no more duvet problems! - and the single duvets etc somuch easier to launder.

But back to the thread - we aren't letting for Christmas this year as we are going to be living in one of the gites and our family in the other because hurrah, hurrah we are starting work on our side and having the floors redone! So we will really be able to spot any gite problemos.
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

Well, our brass monkeys are OK and I'm still in T shirts (even in the Lake District in October!). We Northerners are tough!

This year is a strange year for Christmas/New Year bookings. We expect New Year to get booked up early and we then keep our fingers crossed that we'll get a Christmas booking.

This year we've got Christmas booked at both cottages and still have New Year available at one - and we're still getting lots of enquiries for the Christmas. But - and it's a big but -most folk are wanting a Saturday to Saturday booking (24 to 31 December) to make the most of the UK public holidays. Fortunately, we got a Weds to Weds and a Thurs to Thurs booking. Saturday to Saturday would mean we wouldn't get any New Year bookings.

Anyone out there looking for a cottage in the Lake District for New Year week :roll: