Anybody used homelidays.com?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
jimadept

Post by jimadept »

That's interesting, I haven't had a single enquiry from Perfect Places in the 3 months I've been with them.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Me either!

Then again, I wouldn't expect all listing sites to work the same way for everybody... I guess I'll be sticking with the tried & true (for me) this year.
Brooke
James

Post by James »

Post removed - James, please see no. 4 in the forum rules. Sorry! Paolo
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

James,

Welcome to the forum!

Are you affiliated with Homelidays?
Brooke
Clexane

Post by Clexane »

You know I am really amazed at how different our experience has been. We really got next to nothing out of Homelidays. I admit that Perfect Places has been rather quite (almost dead) but they did bring in two bookings now (just closed another from Boston) from just the two enquires.

What I am reading here is making me question my judgement about Homelidays even though we got virtually nothing. I am interested if others from Provence or France areas are having a similar experience of poor results from Homelidays and if this is a regional thing?
So you wanted a holiday home in france ...

www.villaemmanuelle.com
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Clexane,

If you got virtually nothing, then it didn't work for you and that's that, right?

If it's allowed, you could always arrange for a second free trial at the start of next year, when most people are making their holiday inquiries. Then you could find out for sure. But I wouldn't pay for a site because a couple of others had success with it.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a regional thing -- a lot of sites do really well in one place and not as well in another.
Brooke
James

Post by James »

No not affiliated, just a satisfied customer.

[Post edited in line with forum rules][/i]
Birillo

Post by Birillo »

I contacted them to advertises my properties but they ask an exclusive for 2 years, they fix the prices for your houses and....no warranties!!!
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

"I wouldn't pay for a site because a couple of others had success with it. "
Absolutely right! That's a basic mistake a lot of people (including myself, in the past) make.

BYW, Perfectplaces works for us. We got zero from A1vacations & Cyberrentals - which work for thousands of others.
Try ringing owners in your area to test the response, although your property won't necessarily work the same way.
Best,
Alexia.