novice with a question!

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
katiebythesea

novice with a question!

Post by katiebythesea »

Hello all you expert renters, I have had an enquiry about our gite for a 9 day rental in July - peak rental period for 9 days and not staqrting/ending on usual changeover day and I just feel a bit flummoxed as to how to respond. We have only got 2 other weeks in August booked so far, plus guests there for all of April so any bookings very much needed but this would mean it would all be a bit of a muddle, re changeovers etc...
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

everyone has a different take on this...I'm very flexible with change-overs because most guests are arriving on long, transatlantic flights to get to my properties. Others stick to the change-over and that's that. I think it really depends on how big a deal ti is for you to get the changeover done on a different day...and if you think if you do this, you will be left with lost of empty dates. Sorry I can't be more help! (I would take it)
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I'd take it at this stage. You can still do the changeovers on the same day around the booking if the other dates either side don't get booked. Just make sure you charge a fair amount.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I'd take it if you need bookings Katie, but I'd charge a small add on for 'loss of business' and explain that it's because it will leave you with lost days that you will have difficulty renting.

It will help the income a little and may make them think about falling more in line with weekend arrival.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
katiebythesea

Post by katiebythesea »

I have offered them the dates with a small rounding up of the cost as we do need the bookings!. I was wondering if you would look at my ownersdirect ad and say what you think, I will have photos of the garden etc available from the weekend but thisis what I have so far:

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/france/FR4549.htm

I am trying to get a website together at the moment but it all takes so much time.

Katie
pambon

Post by pambon »

Hi Katiebythesea and welcome. I'm flexible with my arrivals so I concur with Musetta.

Re. your ad. the dining area is ok but the kitchen appears big in the photo and therefore rather a lot of empty floor space....
The 2 bedrooms are dark. The twin bedded one has rumpled covers and one pillow covered and one showing :lol: the 2nd bedroom has the pillow half covered and the cover is also rumpled. Perhaps add another shot of the bathroom to show hand basin and any shelves/cupboard space etc.

I agree that it all takes times, surpising amounts of time and dedication to give your guests the best. How those of you with large and/or multiple properties manage, I can't imagine :shock:
goosie

Post by goosie »

Welcome - what a lovely looking house! As I don't know the area, I'd welcome a couple of photos of the mountain and the thermal spa (whatever that is!) and also be clearer what there is to do in the area. My only other question is where do you park the car?
katiebythesea

Post by katiebythesea »

The new photos I have arriving at the weekend are better I hope as they were taken just before the first guests arrived and so all was looking neat and tidy and there is an extra table in the kitchen now, but I think a good bit of floor space shows that there is lots of room in a property.
I also have photos of the area that I can add, the thermal spa is hot spring baths but the nearest one is quite medicalised with lots of french going there after being refered by their doctor!
So I am hoping to pick up some french guests because of that.
Thanks for your comments all feedback is useful and it is quite a steep learning curve :)
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

katiebythesea,
I would definitely lighten/brighten up those first two photos. I think the actual photos are lovely...but they need editing so it doesn't look gloomy outside! (your bathroom photo is one of the nicest I've seen, BTW ;-) )
pambon

Post by pambon »

And I loved the outside ones Musetta! Bright and cheery. (And the character of the building - really special!)
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

think the photos have been updated since I had a peek ;-) They look great!
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

The new photos I have arriving at the weekend are better
Katie, why not post again when the new pix are added. Seems a shame to criticism photographs that are soon to be banished.
I think a good bit of floor space shows that there is lots of room in a property.

Or that there isn't any furniture ... ?

Jim