guessing what's wrong with paypal

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Musetta

guessing what's wrong with paypal

Post by Musetta »

sorry for yet another paypal question!

last time, I accepted a bank transfer, I was charged $48 to receive it from my bank!! plus, my guests was charged on her end too - no problem, I just suck it up as it was for the balance due...but this one is just a deposit for a future booking and I hate to pay those fees for a very small amount of money.

This is the info. my guests has given me:
"I have several times tried to pay using three VISA cards and two Mastercards, but the answer is always the same: you can't pay using this card. I wonder what the matter is."

:-( usually, I tell people to make sure they are not using a debit card as I find the European ones have small daily limits?? but that doesn't sound like the case if he has tried more than one. Any suggestions at all of what to tell him to try? (don't want to loose the booking, so, if I can't figure out what's wrong. I will just pay for the bank transfers)

oh - this is paypal Finland, BTW (if that makes any difference)

Thank you for any hints of tips!!
pambon

Post by pambon »

As Finland is in Euroland how about asking him for a personal cheque to be sent to your Italian account? Or a wire transfer? I would never doubt a Finn.
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

That's true :-) -I could have a bank transfer to my Banco Posta account without the high fees - good option I hadn't thought of!

(I kind of hate though to mix money - if I have money for my US house going into my Italian bank, then it could be a mess at tax time...as it is, I pay my global income taxes in the US, not Italy, so do not want the Italians to think I am making money there that I'm not ;-) )

You're right about the Finns though! It's a good booking :-)
Thanks!
pambon

Post by pambon »

Musetta, if you keep all your documentation relative to his booking with the bank statements, you have your proof of payment for the US rental.

Glad to have been helpful :)