long term rental contract

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Pelly

long term rental contract

Post by Pelly »

After the disasterous tenants we had last year; can anybody please give me a copy of a contract for long term letting; we have prospective tenants arriving tomorrow and I would like a contract to show them; anyone help please!
I used to have money now I have horses; cats;dogs & chickens; not forgetting 2 daughters!
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

I suggest you ask the nearest estate agent - they will have the classic contract.
Or check out PAP.fr - the Particulier a Particulier website. They have all kinds of property docs.
Lounging on the lily pad...
hurghadasun

Long term

Post by hurghadasun »

We too have had enquiries regarding long term rentals, one for two months and one for 12 months.

What should I be wary of? Do I ask for money up-front plus a bond?

Any advice would be welcome.

Cheers
www.hurghadasun.co.uk

For fun in the sun
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

I would suggest a deposit of at least two months rent as a guarantee.

You should probably talk to a local estate agent about any laws regarding long-term rentals. These are usually different to short-term rentals.

For example, in France, if you offer a long-term unfurnished rental you cannot kick someone out over the winter months, even if they do not pay. This can and does happen - a friend of mine had to wait all through winter while the renter cited financial woes as to why he wasn't paying but then paid up in spring so he might be allowed to stay... Not nice when you still have a mortgage going out every month.
Lounging on the lily pad...