fluctuating exchange rates

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Vrooje, have I missed something, I regularly transfer money from my UK account to my French account using Paypal? My French Paypal account and UK account are both business ones though (it was quite easy to set up). I use my webmail address for France, and my normal one for UK.
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

"I did wonder about going but was told all the evidence is written down"
Fraise,
Do try to go. Oral evidence is usually more memorable than written so what you say will have a real impact on the judge. Your avocat may or may not ask you to speak but even your presence can help your case. I was present at a hearing of one of our cases where the avocat simply referred to my being there - the whole court turned to look at me - I do look honest - we won. Maybe my presence didn't do much but sometimes you win on a hair-width difference.
Best,
Alexia.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Fraise,

I have no personal experience of the court system in France other than it is more examinatory than the English system which is adversarial.

I totally agree with Alexia, you really must appear in court and tell your story if you possibly can. It could make all the difference. Do not stay away on the assumption that the law is on your side and you will therefore get the verdict. Sometimes gaining the court's sympathy is as telling as a piece of evidence.

Alan
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Helen,

Yes, I can transfer money into a bank account using my French PayPal account, but I can't get money *out* of my bank account and into my PayPal funds.

Goodness, I hope this isn't just me. I get a message that states that this type of funding isn't available at this time. I also have a PayPal account that's based in the US and it doesn't have that issue.

What it means is that if I had no PayPal funds and wanted to, say, buy something on eBay and pay with PayPal, I would have to use a credit card and could not transfer money from my bank account. But I can receive money from someone and then transfer it from PayPal into my bank account.

Fraise, I know nothing about how courtroom proceedings go, but I agree that being there could make a huge difference! Judges are human too, so pull at that judge's heart-strings!
Brooke
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Aah, I see what you mean now. Do you have a debit carrd for the account? If so, you can register it with Paypal as a credit card and use it to transfer. More money than the e-cheque though.