Serial enquirer!

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Because live chat is only available when I want it to be, I only get instant messages when I want to. Do you get that?

VP, I think the general concept is not too difficult for us to understand: when you're there and available and 'want to' you can answer questions.

What I don't 'get' with this gadget when I find it on websites is that 9 times out of 10 there's no-one there. So why bother?

From the site owner's point of view, it's easier to spot time-wasters from an email, rather than get in involved in some endless and useless conversation. From the potential guest's angle, they want to instantly find the details on a property, rather than wait hours for the live-chat to come on-line.

How do you handle consecutive chats?

MG
A-two

Post by A-two »

vpassistant wrote:I have things I do all day too including managing about 12 properties ....... lease agreements .......... recording payments........fly to and from different states on my "slow" days to tend to issues for property owners, and more...
Gosh, you are busy, and you haven't even mentioned all the endless hours you must spend on CE classes every year for your licenses. How many states are you licensed in exactly?
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I can see VP needs help with his enquiries:

3,000 emails / month, and a 4hr working day is about 40/hr; north of 200/day is about 1/min in a 4hr working day. (4hr working day if you take into account your interstate travel, walking the dog, your tutorials on LMH and, er, live chat).

Surely an auto-responder is the only way? Or channelling them into your Google Ads and affiliate deals?

It's a different planet from nursing our 1 or 2 daily enquiries into a booking, I have to admit. We probably spend an average of 5 - 10 mins on each one, which I can see is over-the-top.

MG
vpassistant

Post by vpassistant »

katiegirl wrote:Surely you can't call it Live chat if you're not there half the time?
Lol ok it's hard to respond to someone who obviously has no idea what live chat is, but I see your point sort of. I said "Live Chat", not "24/7". I didn't know they were supposed to be the same thing.

So does that makes 24 hour stores "live" stores?

In all seriousness, this blog was started by someone asking a different question and I purposely wrote more information about the "live chat" elsewhere. I personally don't care where you respond to, but I do apologize to Normandie. I'm not going to write anymore here out of respect, but feel free to hit me up on any of my postings on this site. I'd gladly continue on with any discussion there. I always need more feedback!
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

vpassistant wrote: Lol ok it's hard to respond to someone who obviously has no idea what live chat is
I know what Live chat is and have used it, thank you vp! Businesses that use it have it available during their normal opening hours, not just half an hour here and there.
So does that makes 24 hour stores "live" stores?
Well they are open 24/7 are they not? (Except for Sundays) Hardly the same thing though is it.

Can't help saying that vp is abbreviation for verruca plantaris, (amongst other things). As a podiatrist...........
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Normandie

Post by Normandie »

vpassistant wrote:I personally don't care where you respond to, but I do apologize to Normandie.
Why?