Who are the best sites for advertising?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
paolo

Post by paolo »

what about a section on the forum for advice on optimising websites?
I'm not sure...is it important enough for rental owners to merit its own section (I know it should be, but that's another matter!) Or does it sit alright within the 'Personal website' section?

What do people think?
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Hello Paolo,
There are no Bulgarian special vacation rental sites as the international we know. There are several tourists sites where you can find all type of accommodation, hotels, villas... etc. also restaurants and tour operators addresses.
Darren

Post by Darren »

Paolo, I think actually it's probably best sat within the 'personal websites' category.

What about something like Website reviews - I know this could open a can of worms regarding advertising, but owners could mention their site and other members give them advice on design, SEO etc.

Darren :)
paolo

Post by paolo »

What about something like Website reviews - I know this could open a can of worms regarding advertising, but owners could mention their site and other members give them advice on design, SEO etc.
I have been meaning to introduce that, and I thought one way to stop people just tossing in their site and then disappearing again would be to say that only active posters can submit a site for review - say 10 posts minimum. That's what they do on the High Rankings forum, but there it's 20 posts. (Not so easy when you don't have anything to add to their knowledge base!)

The thing that has stopped me from doing it is how time-consuming a site review can be. I've done a fair few by email and it takes more than a few minutes.

But I'll add it, because it's a good idea, and there'll be more than just me giving an opinion.
Last edited by paolo on Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
BungleBob

Poll results are in...

Post by BungleBob »

Thought I should update the original post - the results are now in on the poll for best advertising websites and have been published at:
http://www.vacationrentalsdirectory.net ... 901742.htm
Richard Speigal, Editor, España Breaks