3 month let

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
MadDogWoman

Post by MadDogWoman »

Fraise wrote:I couldn't do a long let. I love people being in the house for a week or two cos they are just "borrowing" it.If they were in for a couple of months I would feel that they were making it theirs and I would strongly dislike that!Maybe illogical,but hey,I'm a human been not a baked bean :lol:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
'

From now on that's my opinion too!

For long term people wont usually pay much more than €600 per month in my neck of the woods - electricity and heating included! So yes, it was one hell of a discount but was the first time we'd tried it, now we know - never again! We never realised we'd still be getting "serious" holiday let enquries for Oct/Nov.
memes

long lets

Post by memes »

Hmm
Really glad I found this topic. Had a call this week from an agent asking if I'm interested in a Oct-April let next year - very tempting but like you I feel a bit funny about letting someone have the house for so long and am slightly concerned about how hard it would be to get them out at the end of the 7 months if they didn't want to go. The agent has said they have to abide by the contract but I wonder if there are rules re sitting tenants in Italy which I've never looked into. Have only had the house since earlier this year and had never considered letting it out for so long. The agent wanted 20% which seems quite steep as a finders fee. I've suggested a rent which is 50% of the normal winter charge but I've not yet decided to go ahead. I think they are seeing it this week - I'm also a bit suspicious of someone looking a year in advance though I'm not sure why. The extra income is very tempting - we would plough it back into the house (maybe a hot tub for next year!) but something is ringing warningbells with me.
Has anyone had problems getting people out at the end of a long let?

M
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Hi Memes

This is the first time we've considered a long let. Well the person enquiring didn't get back with a definite 'yes' or 'no' so we've taken 2 bookings within the period he wanted. I really wasn't too keen on taking a 3 month let. I much prefer short holiday stays where you are much more in control of your property.

I didn't even think of the problem of getting people out of the house at the end of a long let! But I suppose if a tennant refuses to go, then there is the legal headache (and cost) of getting them out, and in the meantime there is also the possibility of loss of revenue of any bookings.

I think this has made up my mind for any future enquiries for long lets...we won't be taking any! At least people on holiday have to go back home..ie flight booked, work next day!!
enid

Post by enid »

We had a couple for a month in May - that was enough for us - they left the gite in a terrible mess. I just wouldn't feel with folks for as long or even longer again. Even the best of frineds need to go home before they outstay their welcome never mind clients! I liked the guests who left wanting to stay longer, who we were really sorry to say goodbye to and who have booked again for next year!!