Not exactly a new website but two !

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Barnie

Not exactly a new website but two !

Post by Barnie »

I have had one website running now for a good year and with the intention of running another along side (linked together) with Iowners that I have now completed.

These are: http://www.valenciaholiday.iowners.net and
http://www.valenciawalking.iowners.net

Anyone who has a few minutes I would be grateful if they could pick holes in them for me.

I have found that it is very time consuming: I am at the pc at least 5 hrs a day inputting my sites on various other sites and intend to do the enhancement with Iowners as now I have links from other sites I may get more traffic to my own.

I keep a book with free websites on which I have inputted my property on then from year to year go back and amend the text as I think fit, but I have never, ever found something so time consuming. I think that once I upgrade, my websites, hopefully the sites will be found more easily.

I also try and keep them up to date and check the links (please ... don't find any bad links!)

Should I be interested on how many people view my own personal websites? I'm more bothered about how many people book and so far - not many (so does that mean all these other free websites I have iuploaded onto has had little effect on the bookings/traffic)
Casa Montana

iowners websites

Post by Casa Montana »

Hi Barnie,

Hope you're well. I have a house up in Bocairent which is near Ontinyent. So not a million miles away from where you are. I think by the looks of it we have similarish properties aswell. Those old townhouses are fantastic aren't they.

Just had a look at your www.valenciaholiday.iowners.net website and just a couple of points i would say -

1: Photo's- The photo's don't do your property any justice at all. The main photograph on the home page is particularly grainy & some of the photographs on your gallery are also grainy.

The casa ana photo is nice, but maybe you could get a full shot of the whole house perhaps. The living room looks like it has beautiful tiles. Maybe you could show them off with a bit more light in the photograph

2: The links on the leisure page in blue are very hard to read. I also find it quite difficult to read the text with the blue on blue background.

Also had a look at www.valenciawalking.iowners.net

The text is much easier to read on valenciawalking site. Some of the photographs look a little better too.

I too spend hours on the pc inputting stuff. In the vain hope of getting some bookings :D It does take a hell of a lot of time doesn't it.

What other sites do you list on? Would be interested to hear from another Spanish house owners point of view of which sites work for them and which don't.

Well anyway best of luck with it.

Cheers

Carl
Casa Montana
lushsandwich

Post by lushsandwich »

would echo
carls points
simon
Casa Montana

Post by Casa Montana »

Hi Simon,

I just clicked on your link and it doens't seem to be working??

Just thought i'd let you know.

Best wishes

Carl
Casa Montana
Lee

Post by Lee »

I'm sure the places are great but have to say iowners does nothing for me as a website, they are all the same.
Casa Montana

Post by Casa Montana »

Hi Lee,

Do you have a website up and running for your property?

Be interesting to compare yours to iowners.

Cheers

Carl
Casa Montana
omar

Post by omar »

Hola Barnie

I liked the photos on each side of the home page, but I think you can take a better photo with the palm tree. Maybe wait until its a sunnier day. I liked your guest book. My website is also new so any suggestions go for it.

Omar
http://www.orlandovacationrentals411.com

Orlando Florida Pet Friendly Rentals