I am a new member - please take a look at my website!

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
NiceCuppaTea

I am a new member - please take a look at my website!

Post by NiceCuppaTea »

I am new to this forum and would greatly appreciate any comments you may have regarding my website www.le-presbytere-treverec.com.

Many thanks. :D
There's nothing quite like a nice cuppa tea!
elena

Post by elena »

Hello!

Don't have an awful lot of time tonight so just a quick first impression!

It's a good start - I think your photos have a lovely sunny feel to them. Not quite sure about the opening page though - don't see quite how it connects to the rest of the site - if I'd seen it without knowing what your website was about I would have been expecting a design/artwork/business type site. Also I find the blue writing on the green background hard to read. Personally I can't skip over moving stuff fast enough as I don't like waiting to see what's coming up.

The photo at the top of the header bar is clickable but it connects back to the home page - would be better to have it enlarge the photo as the home link is on the nav bar anyway.I clicked on it from the home page expecting to see a bigger photo and nothing happened so I assumed it was a broken link.

I don't think the boxes add anything to the panaoramic photo - again looks more in keeping with an art/design type site and detracts from the lovely photo of the area IMHO :wink:

Are you intending to fill the large blue checked space with something? If not I'd lose most of it and reposition the photos & text to make shorter pages.

Again, it's a good start! Good luck!

Elena
Dordogne holiday cottages
TTP mk2

Post by TTP mk2 »

Dump the Flash intro, it adds nothing & wastes peoples time.

Where are you ?, Brittany is a pretty big place.

You need to add something meaningful in the Meta tags & page titles.

Center or widen the active area, it looks lop sided.

initial free 40kw, after which electricity is charged at 15 centimes per kilowatt

It should be kWh & kilo Watt hour & I assume you have a license from EDF to charge more than their rate & isn't it cents, not centimes now ?
Craig Douglas

Website review

Post by Craig Douglas »

Hi Julia,
Brand new to this forum...saw your request for reviews. I like your site in general-pictures sell holiday homes and you have an abundance of wonderful pictures.

Two main points for me--I would like to know the best way to get to your holiday home -obviously depends how I am arriving and from where-but maybe some pointers eg what is main airport, how far from airport are you, how far by train from main train route etc.

I would also find a link to google maps useful to get my bearings.

Link to weather website for your local also useful.

Hope this helps....

All the best...

Craig
No Vacancies.
omar

Post by omar »

I also agree with Elena, it's a nice start, but I would remove the blue squares on the right and put the website in the center. Other than that you have nice photos.

Omar
http://www.orlandovacationrentals411.com

Orlando Florida Pet Friendly Rentals