Online Booking Forms

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Ju

Online Booking Forms

Post by Ju »

We have convereted our booking form to pdf format. What we would now like to do is make this available online. How do I get this file uploaded to make it accessable? The site is built in Frontpage.

Any help gratefully recieved!
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

You should be able to just FTP it to the main area of your site, and then link to it the way you would any other webpage (with an A tag). The link will either open the pdf file in the browser, or prompt the user to download the file -- this depends on the browser settings.
Brooke
Ju

Post by Ju »

Sorry Vrooje - I could have made this question a lot clearer: my problem is as follows -

- I have the newly converted pdf file in one folder and the website (offline) in another;
- I cannot for the life of me work out how to make the pdf file part of my website, prior to uploading to the host server
- as usual, the accompaning "help" on Frontpage and the Adobe site might as well be written in Martian.

Thanks!
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Hm... okay, if I understood this correctly, here's what I would do:

1) Move or copy the PDF file into the folder where your offline website is stored. Specifically, into the same folder where your html files are.
2) Add a link in the appropriate place on your offline website to the booking form. Within the code, it would read something like this:

Code: Select all

New&#58; our booking form is now available in the universal PDF format! <A HREF="bookformfilename.pdf">Click here to download/open it.</A>
After verifying that this works, I'd then transfer the new page with the link and the pdf file onto my webhost, so that the changes are online. I'm unsure how to do this in Frontpage, since I don't use it -- maybe someone else could help with this part?
Brooke