Location Maps

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Ciapolin

Location Maps

Post by Ciapolin »

Following feedback on my website, I am looking for a map to show our location. Has anyone come across any good online resources?

C-A
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

I can't remember how I found ours -- perhaps with a google image search. I downloaded a simple image of France with lines separating regions, and then altered it fairly significantly to make my own custom map image.

Too bad Google maps aren't yet up and running for Europe -- their maps are very clean, unlike e.g. Mapquest.
Brooke
marcus

Post by marcus »

Ours from MSN Mapping isn't too bad, and visitors can click on it to go to MSN mapping and zoom in and out to their hearts content.

The link came automatically with FrontPage (Insert, Web Components) but I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to find on the internet if you use something else.
Gail

Post by Gail »

I use the maps from http://www.mappy.com and the guest can then even plan an itinerary to their destination if they are driving.

Best Regards,

Gail
http://www.perfectlyparis.com
Always working to be better!
centime

Post by centime »

I love www.maporama.com having tried most of the rest, just about to do some routes to various golf courses and the time it takes to drive there. Was able to swing a booking at a friends villa for one of the riders in the Dakar rally by using it to let them know it only took 16 minutes to the staging point in Portimao, good tool.
Lisbon the lovely, Lisbon the fair, never to have seen her is to miss something rare!