Please could you review my webpage

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
susanmary

Please could you review my webpage

Post by susanmary »

Hi everybody, I am new to the LMH but have been reading posts for a few weeks now. have a villa in Monte Pego Spain, but this year for some reason maybe economics, credit crunch etc have only received 2 bookings. Thought maybe this year for some reason my web page does not look too enticing, have received enquires but people are enquiring all the time if we will drop our prices, we have only just dropped prices recently so don't want to consider dropping any more. Have done research and there are villas near us with higher prices who are booked and some with lower prices who are booked as well, so not too sure which way to go. Would appreciate any feedback anyone could give me, honest opinions would be great, thanks in advance. :)

http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/denia/12274
Normandie

Post by Normandie »

I think it looks lovely. I'm always sold on privacy, gorgeous views and comfortable interiors. I can't comment on the prices though as I don't know your market. Others will be along with more insightful comments, I'm sure. Good luck. :)
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

Hi,

Welcome to LMH!

Your place looks lovely. I think it might be useful to put a pic of the interior up higher, so it shows when you first open the page. I'd move the one of just the pool and view further down.

You could also dress up the text - bring up the bit about swimming in the pool while looking across to the hills etc etc. There's nothing wrong with the text, it's more that you could add more colour and make it more personally appealing to potential guests.

Best of luck.
Lounging on the lily pad...
susanmary

Post by susanmary »

Normandie wrote:I think it looks lovely. I'm always sold on privacy, gorgeous views and comfortable interiors. I can't comment on the prices though as I don't know your market. Others will be along with more insightful comments, I'm sure. Good luck. :)
Hi Normandie

thanks for your views it is a lovely part of the world, will await other input, thanks for stopping by
pambon

Post by pambon »

Hi susanmary and welcome,

The villa is lovely - a pool is always tops in my books - it's my one unrealised dream in life :cry: Perhaps some more flowers outside and around the pool area to brighten it up a little but otherwise it looks lovely.

Good Luck :!:
omar

Post by omar »

I liked the pool photo in your home page, you do have a nice view! Do you have a guest book?

Omar
http://www.orlandovacationrentals411.com

Orlando Florida Pet Friendly Rentals
susanmary

Post by susanmary »

omar wrote:I liked the pool photo in your home page, you do have a nice view! Do you have a guest book?

Omar
Hi Omar, thanks for dropping by, the views did entice us to buy here. We do have a review page on the web site but a guest book at the villa we don't have, will consider putting one in. thanks Sue
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Sue, when I click your website link, I am directed to a page on Holiday Lettings for a property that is no longer listed.
lorca

Post by lorca »

same here...
But I was wondering, are you listed anywhere other than Holiday Lettings? Many of us on LMH have had very little luck with them recently.
susanmary

Post by susanmary »

HelenB wrote:Sue, when I click your website link, I am directed to a page on Holiday Lettings for a property that is no longer listed.
Hi Helen, I am no longer listed on holiday lettings it was due for renewal on 5th June. However have had only one booking this year for a week so thought the renewal charge of £169.00 + VAT was too expensive for the conversion rate. I am currently researching other sites, but think a lot of it may be due to the current financial climate, any thoughts Sue
susanmary

Post by susanmary »

lorca wrote:same here...
But I was wondering, are you listed anywhere other than Holiday Lettings? Many of us on LMH have had very little luck with them recently.
Hi Lorca I am on the spanish free site Nieumba but have had only one enquiry there. My holiday lettings renewal was due 5th June and I decided not to renew with them due to not having much bookings (one week only) and the renewal fee is too expensive, I am currently looking at other options, any thoughs Sue
Adeje

Post by Adeje »

Hi Sue,

Haven't personal experience of them but some sites have rental guarantees meaning if you don't get X number of enquiries you can claim a refund. Just a thought.
lorca

Post by lorca »

Hi Sue

Our best site by far at the moment is Homelidays
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Sue

Ive done well with Ryanair Villas and Spain Holiday[kindly recommended by Brenda]
Homelidays has been good as well.
Holiday Lettings is my 'on the fence' one at the mo.

Its a difficult time and as others have said what works one year doesnt always the next, and with the price some of the 'big boys' are charging its an expensive gamble knowing what might work for you.

Good luck anyhows. :wink:
CSE

Post by CSE »

Make your own website. It works for us, we are also listed in Toprural, but here you will get mainly Spanish customers, Are you looking for customers other than Brits?
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.