Taken my first rent!!

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Washy

Taken my first rent!!

Post by Washy »

I am a landlady!! I took my first rent from the hunter who has rented my village house for weekends through the hunting season. He came round to pay me and presented me with a few kilos of freshly caught wild boar as a gift and a recipe. Now that's a great tennant.....

Two months rental will cover the insurance and some minor repairs, so I am already at breakeven point.......but only until February unfortunately, now I must look for somewhere to advertise my property for the coming spring and summer.
enid

Post by enid »

That's a great feeling! Well done for getting some income through the winter and good luck with future bookings - I love wild boar - bon appetit
paolo

Re: Taken my first rent!!

Post by paolo »

Washy wrote:now I must look for somewhere to advertise my property for the coming spring and summer.
You need to pay for some listing sites - have a look at this post for my recommendations on how to find the best listing sites for your property:

http://www.laymyhat.com/newsletters/newsletter3.htm

There is an abbreviated, more palatable version in this newsletter:
http://www.laymyhat.com/newsletters/newsletter3.htm
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Washy

free ad rental sites

Post by Washy »

Thanks for the advice. I am still researching web advertising. I am also preparing a flyer to send out with my christmas cards. A former teaching friend is putting up ads on as many staffroom notice boards as possible.

I am also considering an ad in The Lady or Walking magazine, as my property is more suited to adults. It is a renovated, 400 year old stone building which was previously a bakery, in a tiny village definitely more suited to walkers, twitchers, climbers etc. So I am checking ad sites for similar properties in my area and seeing if the sites 'work', if they are inefficient, not user friendly, slow or confusing, then I guess they will put off prosepctive clients as well.

I am so glad this site exists. Thanks all.
Washy
enid

Post by enid »

I agree with you about the usefulness of this site - but be careful - as many of us can vouch it could become addictive!