your comments please!

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
annedab

your comments please!

Post by annedab »

We are intending to rent out our house in Normandy from next year. Any feedback regarding the website would be much appreciated.......

www.dabovilla.com
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
debk

Post by debk »

Hi, Anne -

Very nice site. I enjoyed your pictures... and though I only intended to take a quick look your gardens kept me clicking.

If I was looking for a place in your area, you'd definitely get my inquiry. And at your prices, I wouldn't even need to bring along 10 relatives to help cover the costs. :)

Congrats!
debk
www.VisitingPortugal.com
enid

Post by enid »

I liked it too :)

I often have a problem with text size and although it is a little small here I could read easily as the backgorund didn't interefere with the text.. I liked the clear lay out of the facilities page and the floor plans and the picture gallery is stunning. I was imressed by how much information you had provided without having pages and pages to read.

Well done.
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

I find it a very intelligently presented site. It's probably too cheap, although I don't know that area or its going rates. Do you mind if the Chinese jars are broken? (They will be.) Do you provide drinks in the bar??
Best,
Alexia.
debk

Post by debk »

I was imressed by how much information you had provided without having pages and pages to read.
Ah, yes, glad Enid mentioned this as it's an excellent point. (That's something I'm struggling with on my site, so noticed right away how concisely you presented a lot of info.)
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Enid & Deb,

The concise way in which information is presented impressed me as well. As a bit of a minimalist I get extremely bored and underwhelmed with the way some Websites go on and on and on with complete and utter trivia.

No matter what it is, on the Web or in printed brochures, my preference is always for something which is clean, clear and to the point; easy to read and disseminate; informative but not full of verbal diarrhoea.

I think Anne's Website comes up with the goods.

Like Alexia, my first impression is that prices are on the low side. OK, there's no pool but there is spacious accommodation for a lot of people. I'd include towels and tea-towels but that's because I'm "Fluffy".

Alan
annedab

Thanks

Post by annedab »

Thanks everyone for taking the time to have a look and I am encouraged by your feedback - especially about the pricing! We definitely aimed for concise - for many years I have been the designated arranger of holidays for a large family group and finding a big enough property is a nightmare, lots say they sleep 16 but then it transpires that there are only 3 bedrooms, bit too cosy for me! I have tried to factor out all the things that drive me potty when researching properties and it looks as if it has worked if your kind words are anything to go by. We are currently using it as a weekend getaway so renting it will be a big adventure and I am sure I will be posting numerous queries, but no horror stories I hope. Still trawling through the exisiting posts at the moment. There is plenty of scope for locking away stuff and the chinese jars will definitely fall into this category. We are still tinkering and decorating at the moment - have had a couple of "road tests" with friends/family of all ages - the incident of leaving the windows open for a fortnight (yes, you know who you are!!) was nicely counterbalanced by the same people fixing the squeaky fridge..................and no, we don't keep the bar stocked!!
Anyway, thanks again guys and look forward to conversing in some other threads!
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?