Here's what I'd like to pay!

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

I've also seen a few more inquirers offering up their budget in an attempt to get a discount. I got this one this morning - first time any of my inquirers has pulled the recession card :? :

"Would you be interested in renting us this lovely flat for a E100 rate/night as a recession discount? We would live lightly in your house..."

At least they're offering to treat it well.... (However, had they checked the availability calendar, they could have saved themselves the grovel as it's booked...)
Lounging on the lily pad...
The Olive Grove

Post by The Olive Grove »

e-richard wrote:
Moliere wrote:... I won't compromise...
Even if its 3 days to go, and you have an empty week ?

... and, of course, I asked very nicely !
Just looked at his availability calandar - doesn't have many empty weeks already this early in the year. Maybe if you go down on your knees :lol: :lol:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Just looked at his availability calandar - doesn't have many empty weeks already
Im not surprised, Molsy has a lovely place.

Good for you Brian!! :)
declanja

Post by declanja »

I have no problem with people looking for discounts. I do it myself. If I feel I will get another enquiry for the period I decline a discount and tell them why. If their dates fit neatly with my calender and I unsure of another booking then I will offer a discount. This is the cut and trust of the marketplace!
Declan
TTP mk2

Post by TTP mk2 »

declanja wrote:I have no problem with people looking for discounts.
Neither do I, I had a call this afternoon for one of our American software products where the customer asked if the price was negotiable, I just said " the way the exchange is going today, you had better get in quick before we put the price up', I had her credit card number in seconds.

Equally a school phoned this morning saying they had x thousand pounds left in their budget & would like x number of licenses, although at lower than list price, I took the order on the basis of 80% of something was better than 100% of nothing.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

firstname: Milxxx

lastname: Mxxxxxxxxxx

phone: 00 33 xxxxxxxxxxxx

email: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I want to rent this villa for the first week of August for 500 euros. Is that possible ?
Best Wishes.

Short and sweet ............ :wink: :)

not sure if they mean this week or next year...............