Separate Domain Names for Each Property?

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
debk

Separate Domain Names for Each Property?

Post by debk »

Now that the slow month of November is finally approaching, I'm ready to follow-up on a comment that Paolo made back in July under another topic ("Advertising using only your website").
Paolo wrote: I would also give each property you manage its own website and link to and from them from the main site, to broaden your reach. I don't actually know if that would make a difference, as opposed to each property being a separate page of one site, but it feels like it should!
I'm now hoping that some sympathetic techie will be willing to discuss some of the advantages/disadvantages of this approach.

BACKGROUND
==========
Our new main site, VisitingPortugal .com, will include these pages:
1. intro
2. property summary
3-8. separate page for each property
9. neighborhood intro/details
10. testimonials
11. availability calendars
12. rates
13. reservation info (including link to rental agreement)
etc

Currently, the property pages are part of the main VisitingPortugal domain... eg, Casa Joaquina is at
VisitingPortugal .com/CasaJoaquina.htm

I also own CasaJoaquina.com ... so I could easily link from VisitingPortugal.com to CasaJoaquina.com for specific property info. And so on, for each property.

QUESTION
========
What are some of the pros/cons for linking out to a separate domain for each property?

Any other comments? Ideas?

Thanks much,
debk -- gleefully moving into minor propeller-head mode
www.VisitingPortugal.com
kteee

Post by kteee »

I have a mixture of both and it doesn't seem to make any difference whether the property has its own domain name or has its own page on the main website, so I no longer bother with domain names for the new ones - just add them to the main site!
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Debk,

The listing sites rely on a main site with loads of individual property pages and it seems to work. If it works for them why would it not work for you?

Alan