Dr. Isaac Newton.

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
levelsteps

Dr. Isaac Newton.

Post by levelsteps »

Has anyone else had a request from Dr Isaac Newton? Should I drop an apple on his head from a great height?

My wife worked for ten years for a major Children's Charity in the UK and has never heard of the Braveheart Children's Home. Could it perhaps be managed by Mel Gibson?

Allan - France.

Braveheart Children's Home ,
London
United Kingdom
+44-7031848655

From the desk of : Dr.Isaac Newton

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

My name Dr.Isaac Newton and I would like to make a reservation with you.

Reservation details is as follows

Arrival Date : 1th of November 2005
Departure Date : 12th of November 2005
Accomodation Type : 2 Double bed rooms
Number of Guests : 4 people

Thanks

Dr. Isaac Newton
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Ah, no, I have indeed heard of the Braveheart Children's Home -- it is run by Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Fabulous.
Brooke
paolo

Post by paolo »

I don't think you realise the gravity of the situation.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

:lol:

Oh dear, you just made all my officemates turn and look at me, laughing at my computer!

I do wish that all scammers would just get sucked into a black hole.
Brooke
levelsteps

Post by levelsteps »

paolo wrote:I don't think you realise the gravity of the situation.
OUCH!!!
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Haha!!I'm having apple crumble tonight and I'll be thinking of Isaac now!!
Did you ring the number to see if it was kosher?
levelsteps

Post by levelsteps »

Fraise wrote: Did you ring the number to see if it was kosher?
I responded giving details of cost and the good Doctor came back with a poorly worded email indicating that his 'Financial Director' would be paying by 'Cheque/Bank Draft'.
My reply was that as he is such a highly respected and trustworthy member of the London community, a deposit will not be necessary. I will be happy to receive payment in cash on arrival. I asked for the full postal address of the Braveheart Children's Home telling him that I am required to pass details of all guests to the local Police.
I await his reply - and have waited for the past 48 hours.

Perhaps he has gone to visit 'Granny Smith' or his girlfriend 'Golden Delicious'?
levelsteps

Post by levelsteps »

Four weeks on - and the good Doctor and I are still exchanging mails. He continues to ask that I accept payment from (a). His sponsor, and (b). His finance department. I should then forward the excess to him by Western Union. (He is having difficulty in remembering if it is (a) or (b) that is funding his trip to France.)

On my side I have found a rich widow that would love to donate "a substantial sum of money" to his children's home, and will talk with him about this on arrival.

It was interesting to note that as soon as the rich widow came on the scene the standard of written English from Dr. Newton improved. Perhaps the Scam Manager has taken over?
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

On my side I have found a rich widow that would love to donate "a substantial sum of money" to his children's home, and will talk with him about this on arrival.
As the saying goes "if you can't beat them join them"..play them at their own game!! Can't wait to hear what happens next!! :wink:
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

levelsteps

Applause all round, waste as much time as you can with this mugu.

A tip, if you really want to get up his nose, accept the over payment and then tell him you have had a change of heart and decided to buy yourself a brand new car with his cash. I guarantee he will go berserk

Now if you can get a photo trophy with Lay my hat on it........now that's got to be a challenge.
Cheers
PC
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Oh, YES!

Make him take a photo of himself with a big sign that says "I love Lay My Hat" -- or perhaps something more shocking.

Oh, that would be so fabulous.
Brooke
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Paolo can we have a photo trophy section?????? pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeees
Cheers
PC
A-two

Post by A-two »

I think I know the rich, lonely widow. She's young, tall, blond, tanned and wears little more than a straw hat with a sunflower pinned on the side. Perhaps you could exchange photos with Dr. Einstein and ask him to send one of himself wearing a similar hat so they will be able to recognize each other at the airport?

Waves from America
paolo

Post by paolo »

Paul Carmel wrote:Paolo can we have a photo trophy section?????? pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeees
If you get one, I will build you the section.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Game on :lol:
Cheers
PC