Swimming pool, dogs, neighbours.

For anything to do with the garden and pool
tansy

Post by tansy »

well, we've done a hectare field... on mains... but 6,000 should be OK on 2 batteries. It's the only thing I can think of that would work.

My friend that runs horse drawn caravan holidays has 22 hectares, 33 horses - the whole lot is electric fenced.

We don't use the tape now - we use a wire - better conductor and at night shows up where it is shorting.
it's all a learning curve!
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Pablito3 wrote:
Happybee and Jimbo, I'm looking for suggestions here not sarcasm! I've got a problem and thought maybe I'd get help. Silly me!

Frank Clark wrote:
The next best thing to solving a problem is finding some humor in it.

Pablito3: I apologise if I’ve offended you but, if you can’t see the difference between gentle LMH humour and wounding sarcasm, I'm on a hiding to nothing trying to explain. Silly me - I thought that you might be amused.

Everybody on this forum has suffered problems from time to time – huge ones, medium ones and tiny ones. We try to help each other by providing experienced professional advice and irreverent humour in about equal measures. Sometimes it’s good not to take things (or yourself) too seriously – even when they are serious.

Jim
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Jim

I've posted a couple of what I hope are useful and serious thoughts for Pablito3, but I also thought your post was hilarious. There again, I do have a particularly warped sense of humour...... which sometimes offends others..... but that doesn't normally stop me.....

I didn't remotely see it as sarcastic - I took it as the harmless joke that I believe you intended - but that's me.
None of us like to offend anyone. (I once accused somebody of being cynical. His response: "Coming from you, I regard that as the highest compliment." :? )

Oh - and I love the quote. I really must remember that one.
pablito3

Post by pablito3 »

Hi Happybee,
apologies accepted. I'm not usually short of a sense of humour but as I stated I.m at the end of my tether with this. Imagine all the work that's required to keep a pool clean and healthy for human use and three Golden retrievers using it to cool off morning and evening. Then to add insult to injury leaving thier calling card on the garden that I have worked so hard on.
Thank you for your research. I've seen the product you mention. The problem is, I dont think it will work. The dogs LOVE water. They cant get enough of it.
Let me state again, I have nothing against the dogs. They're just doing what some dogs do. They dont understand or respect boundaries. The fault lies with the owner, but as He is'nt prepared to do anything I have do something.
A bit of good news. As I've said earlier I placed an electric fence on my side of my neighbours fence, where they've been entering. They have'nt been in my pool today. Hopefully they have tried to enter and got the message.
By the way, for those of you not familiar with the way things can be here in southern Spain, my neighbour has'nt been at his house for the last three days. The dogs are just left to fend for themselves (probably got an automatic feeder) and run where they will. This is quite normal here.
Pablito
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

pablito3 wrote:
I've seen the product you mention. The problem is, I dont think it will work. The dogs LOVE water. They cant get enough of it.
Like Golden Retrievers, our Labradors love water and are straight in where they're allowed. BUT - point the hose at them and it's tail between legs and run as far away as possible, so hosing the neighbour's dogs might have an effect, no matter how much they love water.
visitslovenija

Post by visitslovenija »

I agree with GB - looks like a pretty neat solution.

Our dogs were just the same; get anywhere near a stream, river or lake and they were straight in. But show 'em a hose or even a bucket and they'd run a mile. They hated getting washed.

Good luck. And let us know how you get on. I might need to do something similar.....

Ralph

www.visitslovenija.eu