Reserving Refusal to Rent -- explicit or not?

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
A-two

Post by A-two »

Crystal wrote:...so does that mean you do not get any mail from anyone from Wanadoo.fr?
That's correct Crystal, I block all email from Wanadoo.fr because they are an open relay server, meaning anyone can send spam using their servers. Blocking open relay hosts seems to be a growing trend. Have a look at http://www.ordb.org/ This seems to be a subscription based service for ISPs that filters spam by bouncing email that does not conform to their standards. I have no connection with this site. Someone told me about it recently, commenting that blocking all web-based email or a good portion of it seems like the cure is worse than the disease.
Waves from America
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Joanna,

That's a very interesting link. It allows one to test any ISP either by domain name or IP address.

I ran an ordb.org test on Wanadoo.fr this morning, both by domain name and by IP address. Both test stated that wanadoo.fr is not listed as an ORDB and is not in the database as an ORDB.

It would appear that the truth lies elsewhere.

Alan