Not receiving enquiries that have been sent.....

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Big Sis..

Not receiving enquiries that have been sent.....

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi All

Wonder if you can help,

Had a phone call a couple of days ago from a chap who had enquired by email and hadnt had a response[Owners Direct] I gave him some details and asked him to email me again from there..
Still didnt receive anything and spoke to him again on the phone, he said he definitely sent it, as he had a response.
Any ideas??
Ive checked my google mail search for his name and ODirect enquiries.
Ive checked the OD website and the list of enquiries ive received and hes not there.
I will check with OD thenselves but its a worry as you really dont know your not getting stuff do you?..

BTW I am getting regular enquiries from there so Im really confused. :?
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

Can you ask him to forward you the response?
tree-peony

Post by tree-peony »

I think OD may be having a few issues at the moment. I had an enquiry yesterday and the text alert took almost 14 hours to arrive.
(alternatively, he prolly forgot to hit "send"!!!!!!)
http://www.gozoluxury.co.uk
actually quite nice apartment in Gozo!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

But if he says he had an autoresponse he must have pressed the submit.
tree-peony

Post by tree-peony »

true, if indeed he did!
http://www.gozoluxury.co.uk
actually quite nice apartment in Gozo!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Yes TP Im beginning to wonder about that.Hes been a bit 'airyfairy' which of course I recognise, as Im the airyfairiestof us all

I wont post 'typical man cant say he done it wrong so not only did he send it, he got a reply'.......

:wink:
Anyway weve exchanged emails good job I didnt just say that eh.....
Blanche

Post by Blanche »

I had it happen to me though I'm not with Owners Direct. A German lady rang me to ask why I wasn't answering her queries. I am hoping she is the only one that wasn't getting through but you don't know. Anyway, this lady and I had a good chat on the phone and she's here at the moment, staying for two weeks.
La Maison du Curé
www.cormatin.eu
windrush

Post by windrush »

I've just had one like this too. A guy called me last night saying he'd sent an email enquiry from a website but I never received it, unfortunately he couldn't remember which site, but now I'm starting to wonder if he's just not very good at emailing because I gave him my address but still haven't heard from him. Which is a pity, because he wanted to book 2 weeks in February just for himself. One person for 2 weeks at a dead time of year, the booking from heaven if we ever manage to contact him again.
LaVilleauTady

Post by LaVilleauTady »

I've had this issue with Owners Direct too.

That's why it is so important to turn on text alerts, otherwise, I would never had known there was an enquiry.

Correspondence with Owners direct reproduced below for your info:
Hello Martin

Thank you for your email, we are sorry to hear that you did not receive one of the enquiries sent to your personal email account. We are not experiencing problems with this service at present although from time to time emails do get ‘lost’ and this is an unavoidable aspect of email communications. The email address we have listed for you is correct and all messages are sent out at the same time.

If you continue to experience problems of this nature please contact us.

Kind Regards
Louise Leonard

Owners Direct Holiday Rentals Ltd
58 The Street
Ashtead
Surrey
KT21 1AW

Tel: (UK) +44 (0)1372 229330
Fax: (UK) +44 (0)1372 229339
Web: www.ownersdirect.co.uk
Email: support@ownersdirect.co.uk

Hello,

I thought I should let you know that we received a text message yesterday to say we had a booking enquiry, but the email never arrived.
I don’t have spam filtering at service provider level and it has not gone into Outlook’s Junk Email folder.

I thought I should let you know in case it is indicative of a wider problem.
Blanche

Post by Blanche »

My German lady who couldn't get to me via Fewodirekt said she tried to contact other gite owners with no result. I emailed Fewodirekt but have received no reply at all from them. But who knows, they might have sent me an email
La Maison du Curé
www.cormatin.eu