How do you handle changeovers ?

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>

How do you handle changeover ?

I handle everything myself
46%
I have a local friend / contact
18%
I use a local cleaning service for everything
15%
I use a professional property management company
15%
I have another solution
5%

Total votes: 39

cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

We have an excellent pair of ladies that do our turnarounds - clean, change beds, laundry and take away the rubbish. A neighbour holds the key but will take no cash, so we give regular prezzies of Bacardi etc. We have a regular gardener and window cleaner and a bevy of other tradesmen available as needed. All sorted, you might think!

Unfortunately, the leader of the turnaround team was ill this week. We were at the cottage by coincidence and Jane ran her to hospital, which was a forty mile round trip and three hours sitting with her until she made sure that the NHI was making some progess. We left today with the family pitching in for the turnaround. Fortunately, she seems to be picking up and we've not got too many bookings for the next few weeks. Cross fingers!
anmo51

Post by anmo51 »

Hi ,our property is in Tuscany and we do not live far away, so this year, we have handle everything by ourselves, but the laudry ( bed linens, towels,) for that we had a special company that came to pick them up, washed and sanitized them.
Anyway this summer has been a real ordeal, so we think to take some help for the change over days, even if I believe that if this , like for us, is a real job, you must be there to work and supervise; since I do love my place to be spotless ( swimming pool included)