Please review our site

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
tracy

Please review our site

Post by tracy »

We designed our web site about a year ago which you kindly had a look at. Since then we have updated and amended various pages and added lots more information, so we would be grateful for a review of it now its almost finished. Thankyou

www.casapomar.co.uk
idafay

Casa Pomar

Post by idafay »

I see little room for improvement - your website looks great! Something I am striving for.

A couple of suggestions:
The Monchique picture is not crisp like your other pictures. It looks a little distorted through my browser (Internet Explorer 6). The rest look so good that this one really stands out.

I am thinking that maybe you could set the Availability Calendar to open in a new frame, so that if someone could easily view the calendar and your price list at the same time. (Likely something I will change in my own web site, too.)

Your site looks fantastic. Did you do it yourself? Did you use Frontpage?

Fay
www.RentThisLakeHouse.com
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

It looks a good site and your villa looks really great too!I'll be tempted next time we're going down that way! :D

www.thepetitmanoir.com
tracy

Post by tracy »

Thankyou both, i'll have a look at the Monchique picture and see if I can improve it.
We used Dreamweaver to create the site, it took us a bit of getting used to, as we'd never done a website before but once we got the hang of it, adding new pages etc is quite easy.
I'll have to get my instructions out on how to show the availabilty calendar, definately a good idea.
Giddy Goat

Casapomar - website review

Post by Giddy Goat »

I deliberately resisted reading other contributors' comments until posting this, to give an unbiased review. The property is extremely attractive, and since I've only gauged that from the website, so will others! The site iteslf is appealing, professional looking, clear, well organised and easy to navigate. It is informative and concise in terms of its information, without losing that personal touch. I really can't imagine its needing any improving to bring in the necessary bookings.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
debk

Post by debk »

Hi, Tracey -

Your site is lovely. Easy to navigate and lovely pictures. Well done.

No wonder your calendar is so full... :D

One comment: I've no idea if this is an issue or just a groundless concern, but I personally wouldn't put my first and last name (especially for both me and my husband) in the meta-tags.

Happy renting from a fellow Portugal-VRBOwner,
debk
www.VisitingPortugal.com
heavenlyhartwell

Re: Please review our site

Post by heavenlyhartwell »

This is beautiful.
Earth to Lisa, Come in Lisa
paolo

Post by paolo »

Very good-looking site - I'm sure I have reviewed this home before, perhaps by email? It's as crisp as a new bank-note.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
enid

Post by enid »

A great site - clear and easy to read - easy to navigate and very informative. I have a slow connection but everything loaded very quickly. I have only one problem. Tomorrow we leave for a two week trip to the Uk and to Portugal to visit friends and family. We will be in Praia da Luz from Monday to Friday next weelk - if I had found your site earlier I could have asked you for availability!! As it is we will be pampering ourselves at the Belavista Hotel - your guide to the region will be very useful!
anmo51

Post by anmo51 »

HI, :P I do love you site.
I think is great, easy to navigate and to get info.
If you really want to improve something, on my opinion, - you could add some colour to the pages, but even if you do not... you will work a lot , I am positive.
Have a good season. Anna