Unicef scam

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Barge456

Unicef scam

Post by Barge456 »

BEWARE OF THIS SCAM
We recived this e-mail for a booking for the first 2 weeks in november and is stinks dont be caught out

Hello,
My Name is Kelvin Marsh; I saw your ad today and would like to rent your advertised accomodation. Could you please send me a more detailed description of the accomodation? Do you have any photos of the rooms? What's the cost of rental per week ?

I will be going on my annual leave on the 31st of October 2005 and will be coming to France for a two weeks vacation. I'm a white guy of 28 years and I will be coming with my wife. I’m an accountant, working with Unicef in the United Kingdom.
I look forward to hearing from you, many thanks.

Best Regards,
Kelvin Marsh

40, Lowndes Rd,
London, W4b 8HE
United Kingdom.
HIS E-MAIL ADDRESS IS kelvinmarsh1974@yahoo.co.uk

Hello Chris,
Many thanks for your cordial response,and I’m glad to hear you have availability covering the period of our stay. I’ll take The Double Room which is 50 EUROS per day.I'll pay you in full to reserve it so we can be assured of your accomodation.I will be arriving on the 1st of November on to the 14th.All transportation arrangements is being handled by my travell agents form the airport and all other modalities will be arranged on our arrival Total comes to 600 EUROS for the 14 nights available.

UNICEF will be paying for my flight, accommodation and all other holiday expenses, so payment will be sent to you from our head office. I will instruct our finance department to send you a travelers Cheque on my behalf covering the total cost of my stay. For this, I would need your Full Name, Address and Telephone Number and also the Grand Total Cost,which is; Cost for the Room plus all Taxes payable. Go ahead and provide these information ASAP,so that payment can be instructed to you. You should receive it hopefully by next-week at the latest.

I’ve been looking forward to this trip for a long while; I do hope it will meet my expectation. What are the places of attraction, fun spots, entertainment e.t.c?.

Best regards,
Kelvin Marsh.

40, Downdes Rd,
London, W4b 8HE
United Kingdom.

AND SO IT GOES ON IF ANY ONE WANTS ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THIS SCAM PLEASE E-MAIL ME WE DID NOT GET CAUGHT THANKFULLY

www.lebourgbedandbreakfast.com
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

The "white guy" would have alerted me - especially from a UNICEF employee.
UNICEF wouild never send travellers' cheques.
It is, of course, obviously a scam, but the good English is surprising. Well worth warning everyone - thanks!
Best,
Alexia.
spbowman

Post by spbowman »

Did he really give his address as DOWNDES road in one e-mail and LOWNDES road in another? Neither exist in London anyway, nor does the post-code. Can't trust some-one who doesn't know where he lives :lol: