Guests leaving things behind

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

I believe that hotels are always reluctant to send bedclothes on without requests on the basis that they may not belong to the customer's spouse. Silly really, who wears bedclothes on that sort of jaunt?

In the case of condoms, the implications would be considerably worse, but then you didn't want them back!

John
debk

Post by debk »

Paul Carmel wrote:I did take great plesure in posting them back.
Grand to have Paul back online, eh? :lol: :lol: :lol:
ourinns

Post by ourinns »

I'm sure that I read somewhere that there's a French law that says you're supposed to keep stuff for a year and a day.

Definitely sending stuff back for hotels is a major no-no for the reasons quoted in the earlier post. I'm told that one B&B down the road from us gets quite a substantial business from guests passed on by a hotel that is frequented by swingers. Apparently they are very open about it and recently had one guy saying "Oh, this isn't my wife. She's at home with the kids. This is my mistress".

Our lot have left behind really boring stuff like socks mainly though we've had one fairly complete set of clothing (unclaimed) and a really useful little gadjet for the TV.

On 'tother hand one couple were featured in a magazine article later on how to spice up your sex life. We remember them well: they never left the room at all for five days!!

So, if you're looking for somewhere for a dirty weekend, Mas Camps is obviously the place :)

Arnold
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Arnold,

If you think that I would keep what my lot left behind for a year and a day...........Lets not go there!
Cheers
PC
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

Up until the end of September we ran the local shop and post office for 8 years. Never ceased to amaze us what local hotels and B&Bs had to post back:

1. False arm (which the hotel in question didn't intend to package - just stick on some postage and an address label).

2. Full drawer of very fancy lingerie (in retrospect this maybe fits into the "secret fling" category).

3. 16 pairs of shoes - for one weekend away. How many pairs of shoes do you need in the Lake District?

4. Coal scuttle ..... don't ask.

And then there was the stuff that folk were selling on Ebay, but that's another story!