Free site for late availability and special offers

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
paolo

Free site for late availability and special offers

Post by paolo »

This is a new site from altyfc who is a member here: www.uktraveloffers.com

It is a free site for posting last minute availability and special offers in the UK.
Last edited by paolo on Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
altyfc

Post by altyfc »

Thank you for posting this, Paolo. I hope it can be of use to some of the UK members here.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Thanks indeed, and thanks to BS for the heads up PM!
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Thanks indeed, and thanks to BS for the heads up PM!
Ditto!
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

Where is the free section? I can only find a paid listing site for cottages.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
altyfc

Post by altyfc »

Sorry, http://www.ukcottage.com is not a free site. It is £49+VAT pa to advertise on there.

It's the new http://www.uktraveloffers.com site which is free (and specifically for publicising offers). To use it, you just go to the site and click on 'Submit Offer'.

Sorry, but not sure what the 'heads up PM' refers to... were you just alerted to the site by another member?
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Yes, Big Sis tipped some of us off by PM and email. She's a good 'un.
altyfc

Post by altyfc »

Ah, phew... for a horrible moment, I thought there was some PM doing the rounds saying "don't use it, it's a scam" or something to that effect. :lol:

I assure you it's not! :) Of course, there's never any such thing as a free lunch and, to be completely up front, the purpose of setting up the site on our part is to increase the publicity of the other sites we run, with something which we think has the potential to be very popular. With any luck, some of you who don't already advertise with us might see some merit in what we do, and want to join one of the other sites with a paid entry.

That aside, you are welcome to use the offers site for free without any obligation to venture to our other services.

Thanks for reading.
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

Any luck with this site ?
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
christinedavid

Post by christinedavid »

I've had a look at http://www.uktraveloffers.com/ but it only seems to have hotels in the accommodation section, not privately owned holiday homes.I'm not sure people will look at this site if they want a cottage/apartment/villa etc.
altyfc

Post by altyfc »

Hi Christine

It has self-catering offers on it too. It all comes down to what's submitted to us. So far we're finding it's mostly the hotels.

The site now has a Twitter account at @uktraveloffers (with around 4,000 followers at the time of writing) and it is interlinked with every page from all the others sites under the umbrella of UKseries.com (that includes our http://www.ukcottage.com site).

Feel free to give it a try, particularly now if you have out of season availability that you'd like to fill. It doesn't cost anything and we try to process all requests within 24 hours.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

We gave it a try some time back, and we were definitely listed on the site fairly quickly. We didn't get anything from that listing, but it didn't cost us anything either.
By the nature of the site it seems you tend to move down the list fairly quickly, and a listing has a fairly short shelf life, but for late offers that's not really a problem.
Now that I've been reminded of it, perhaps I'll see if we can get some mid-January bookings from it - worth a try!
altyfc

Post by altyfc »

Hi Greenbarn

Yes, you will disappear off the first page fairly quickly due to other offers coming in, I'm afraid. The offers that tend to get the best publicity/duration on the site are the ones that get the highest ratings (with the theory being that those will also be the best offers).

That's because there's a 'top offers' page which displays the highest rated offers. From memory, and assuming the offer has a high enough rating, it's 2 weeks before your offer will disappear from that page.

Hope this helps.